Brimstone

DarthBeavis

2[H]4U
The rads, PSU housing, NAS Box, and pump (courtesy of Koolance)
dsc02164g.jpg

dsc02168x.jpg

dsc02170a.jpg

Had a few days home between trips so I got started . . .still waiting for four 480s and an Asus R3E . . .
First, I get my fittings sponsored and I do not want to shell out cash for those nice black ones so . . .
dsc02249m.jpg

Ghetto powers . . . activate!
dsc02251n.jpg

dsc02252ip.jpg

Will have to touch them up after installing but such is life:
dsc02269p.jpg

Still waiting for fitting extenders so for now I am using other ones to test fit. I am using a set of Koolance manifolds to allow me to do a nice parallel setup. Will it perform well? Who knows?
dsc02257s.jpg

The optical bay is one the back in this rig. It will house a Martix Orbital Typhoon display, one of the cool new Lamptron fan controllers, and a blue ray drive. I am thinking about stealthing the bay with modders mesh.
dsc02259z.jpg

dsc02263uo.jpg

Using AC Ryan fan grills for contrast with the case.
dsc02268pf.jpg

Also will use inline temp sensors since I am using Asus ROG boards
dsc02266w.jpg

By the time I get home from Miami I should have a sleeved PSU from Performance PCS and hopefully will know if I need to do short-term build with my existing hardware (have to be at a show on April 30th) or if my new stuff will be here.

Rolled up some red LEDS for the GPU blocks:
dsc02294y.jpg

dsc02293e.jpg

dsc02295p.jpg

Leak testing . . .I realize this type of loop is a little different but then I love to experiment . . .if it does not work well I can always change it and will have to redo it all when my Rampage 3 and 480s come in from Asus and Nvidia . .
dsc02306a.jpg

dsc02305gf.jpg

dsc02302f.jpg

dsc02301d.jpg

dsc02304q.jpg

dsc02300t.jpg

Good GNUs . . .I am on Brimstone now . . it fired up just fine . . .temps are not horrible. Temp 1 and 3 are the inline sensors (in the in and out manifolds). Only a 2 degree delta. Thought it would be more. Going to fire up some Bad Company 2 before finishing it up. . .
brimstone1.png

My secret modder's tools:
dsc02315h.jpg

My friend at Riddick Graphics made me a nice wrap for the dvd drive and modesty coverups for my case (based on the artwork on my case by Steve Nunez www.stevenunez.com )):
dsc02316kj.jpg

dsc02317c.jpg

Got once side done - tomorrow wire management other side and it is done for now - until my 480s and Rampage III get here anyways)
dsc02321m.jpg

dsc02322ew.jpg

dsc02319v.jpg

dsc02320z.jpg

dsc02324fz.jpg

Three 480s will be here from Nvidia tomorrow and a Rampage III from Asus soon as well (hopefully with a new proc) . . .have the nickle-plated Danger Den blocks ready for them . . .will polish the blocks up to a nice shine before installing of course
dsc02338q.jpg

dsc02339n.jpg

Dude, looken more and more awesomer! :)

Those clips are from my vet clinic . . .though I did walk around the clinic pretending to smoke a doobie which made the employees laugh their arses off

please keep in mind this is essentially a temp build until I get the Rampage III board and blocks for it. then I take it all out and redo it and make it look nice. this is just put together so I can game on it

Care package from Asus. They sent me an i7 975 to hold me over until they get me a 980X. They also sent an awesome Antec True Power 1200 watt PSU that I will use for my similar Star Wars build.
dsc02367s.jpg

installed mobo block, all cables now are sleeved and match. Still working on it but getting better.
dsc02392o.jpg

dsc02393.jpg

dsc02394o.jpg

dsc02403v.jpg

Man your builds are always so EPIC!!! You sir are a god of gods to the modding commmunity!!

Epic. I first saw this on OriginPC forums but caught it again here.

Pure Epicness.

So...do you just get free shit from them because they got a wild hair up their ass one day and just liked your mods? I'm so confused at what's going on in this thread.

This case sucks... as in sucks the black soul out of me! Are those decals of the women? That is one hell of a job man. Very inventive! Can't wait to see the finished product.

4805677084_49c78bdaeb_b.jpg

Light in case is temporary, replacing with color-changing LED strips:
4818345780_a590ce577e_b.jpg

4817721933_8461b9c804_b.jpg

Have to ship it Monday to QuakeCon.

hey, this rig of yours is on the quakecon BYOC photo gallery on kotaku. thought you'd like to know (if you didn't already). still think your work is good. keep it up. when's away team going to be done?

Back