Brisbane Question

DPGX

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know on the retail box brisbane's - at what speed do they begin shipping with their heatpipe heatsinks? A friend purchased an FX62 and the heatsink didnt look too horrible. Im just curious because im debating whether or not to order an aftermarket heatsink.

Thanks!

hes asking if it comes with the better heatpipe cooler i know my 4400x2 brisbane did NOT come with the good cooler i wish it did

It should have.
Or because of their financial bind AMD decided we can afford aftermarket coolers.

afaik, all the brisbanes come with the normal heatsink. it's the fx's and higher tdp chips that come with heatpipes

Well since all the Brisbane chips are 65w chips I guess they don't give you the beefy one they do for the 125w chips. Makes sense. And anyways it's not like Intel is doing any better on the stock heatsink front...

And anyways it's not like Intel is doing any better on the stock heatsink front...

i agree.

DSCF6862.jpg

agreed completely - i hated the stock hsf that came with my c2d. Guess Ill be ordering another heatsink as well unfortunately!!! Thanks everyone :)

That's probably a good size HSF for a single core 65nm part with a mostly crippled cache ;). Next I want to see Conroe-L vs. Northwood benches :).

I've purchased several retail AMD processors and the only ones that came with the heatpipe coolers were the Opterons, FX and a few select X2's with 1MBx2 cache... I have yet to see a 512x2 come with anything but the standard aluminum HSF.

That Intel HSF looks like it's meant for a 1U configuration.

AMD stock coolers for Brisbanes aren't bad, because Brisbanes run so cool. I ran my 3600+ @ 2.85GHz 1.38v for about a week in my 80F room in an Ultra Microfly with stock fans just fine.

Then I bought an Opteron 180 heatsink off eBay for $16 shipped (new in box). That's the quad heatpipe one with 80mm fan. Now I run 3GHz, 1.408v real on it in the MicroFly. Brisbane's rock

Back