broke my ram with software?

xdkimx

Limp Gawd
is it possible to ruin your ram with softwares such as prime95? after i oced my ram just 4mhz over with default timings my comp crashed after running prime95, i started it up again and ran aquamark3 and my score dropped by 4,000 also i ran the ram test on everest and my ram latency score went up about 20ns and read score down about 300mb/s

iv already tried reseting the cmos and reinstalling windows, still no luck :(

thanks

You didn’t mention how far you pushed the voltage….and, it’s also possible your motherboard is going south. Got any friends who might let you try the RAM on their machine to check it out?

Software itself can’t ruin RAM as far as I know.

i set my ram voltage at 2.7 from the stock 2.6, its safe limits at 2.8 which i never went above

the reason why i think prime messed up my ram is it this happened right after i tested it out and crashed, then i got these sudden changes right after reboot

hm wuts it mean by my mobo going south?

going south= might be dying.......

whats specs on your rig? and what memory.......

soulsaver_8229

hm my mobos no more than a month old so i doubt its dying

here are my specs

cpu: amd 2x +4400
cooling: xp90+92mm vantec tornado
case: antec p180
gpu: xfx 7800 oc 490/1300
psu: enermax noisetaker 600w
ram: ocz 2x1gb platnum 2-3-2-5 3200
mobo: dfi lanparty nf4 sli dr
hdd: 74gb western digital raptor
bios: 6/23

well take one stick out, try to boot up.,......maybe you killed one stick, if you cant boot with 1 stick in then theres your problem.......

soulsaver_8229

4mhz won't do anything. whatever happened, it was bound to anyways. you said you have a clean install of windows, and you cleared the bios?

try running memtest86

i tried clearing the bios same problem

iv also tried booting with eath stick of ram and they both booted up fine with the same benchmark scores

im a bit lost on wut the problem is :(

thanks all ur suggestions are appreciated

what bios are you using on that dfi? i'd recommend flashing to the newest one (6/23 iirc)

im running 6/23

this was the version i was using when everything was fine as well so i doubt its the bios

yeah i think its my ram timings as well thats where my benchmark score failed horribly, for some reason my read times go up and down so if software cant screw up ur ram i probably started off with screwy ram sticks. iv already sent it in for a replacement :)

hm i recieved my replacement today and everything went back to normal

now im pretty sure im not gona use prime95 again, i probably jus started off with faulty ram but jus to make sure u no :p

xdkimx said:
now im pretty sure im not gona use prime95 again, i probably jus started off with faulty ram but jus to make sure u no :p
it is one of the better ways to do stability testing. i would do it.

Back