Broken 9700 Pro....

ViruX

n00b
I have a 9700 Pro, with a busted off SMD Capacitor. here is an image link:

Busted

I don't remember how I broke this, but it is causing overlay problems with video. Its showing black dots at certain points of the screen, only while playing video, not for desktop use. Otherwise the card works GREAT!

I want to get a new capacitor for that from Mouser, but I do not know the specs of the part. Does anyone know what the specs are for a replacement? I tried to go through ATI, but they want me to send the card in to get fixed = $$$

Of course they want $. You broke it. ;)

You don't have the other piece?

I doubt you'll be able to get that capacitor somewhere. maybe the missing piece fell off inside the case or someplace where your card have been recently.

This really suck....when replacing my video card fan, i was afraid that this might happen so i had to take alot of breaks to stop my hand from shaking. :(

no, i dont know where the piece fell off to. Yes, i know Mouser.com sells that kind of stuff, i just need to know the specs of the capacitor so i can order the correct one.

Its an SMD Capacitor, just dont know which one....

-Vi

look on google for "viperjohn". He mods cards and could probably give you the numbers on the cap itself. He may also be able to fix it because he vmods them as well. He is a really nice guy and does incredible work, you'll see. Good luck.

I got a PowerColor 9700pro at home (I'm at work now) ..I can look at it and give you numbers off that little sucker this evening

I got a powercolor 9700pro in my shuttle if you still need to check out the numbers. Lemme know via pm if ya need em.

Back