brother needs a new pc

jetjaguar

2[H]4U
he has been using an old dell dimension e310 .. all he plays is wow .. he has a 22inch dell monitor .. i dont wanna be tech support so building one is out..

something from dell would be perfect .. under 600ish if possible
all the dells i see have x3100 onboard video .. is that enough?

Check out a few bargain-hunting sites, like bensbargains.net or gotapex.com, for some deals on a prebuilt Dell or HP system.

With the new Wrath of the Lich King expansion, onboard video is no longer good enough. However, the power supplies that come with most Dell prebuilt systems can handle a GeForce 9600GT or a Radeon HD4670.

You can get an XPS with a 9800 for around $500-650 these days, I believe.

The bargain sites often have deals for both new systems and refurbished ones. There is a list of bargain-hunting sites located in the GenHard FAQ.

just configured one and with a 9800gt its 949 .. a bit outta his price range

No good dell deals right now. For comparison, look at the old deals on gotapex.com when you search for inspiron, xps, or vostro. As tiraides mentioned, you can add an entry or midrange card to the inspiron and vostro systems. You're looking for an E7300 system (2GB ram, 250GB HDD, Vista Home Premium, etc) for $319 + shipping or something like that, without monitor. Then just get the vidcard from newegg... the HD4670 that tiraides mentioned is perfect for his needs.

Back