BSOD's when I start up!

Hawk

Gawd
Now this has been happening for about a month now and it's starting to tick me off tothe point where I want to throw the commputer out of the window! To bad I'm on the ground floor lol :D

Now it happens about 5 times a week and when I start up my computer it just BSOD's, it varies between when windows has just loaded up and I open up Windows media player or something or it will happen when the mobo has finished it's BIOS checks and spins up windows :mad:

Is this because of my OC'd [email protected]@1.47V.

Now I highly doubt it's the CPU because it hardly ever happens when I'm on windows and I have restarted how many times it makes me (1-2). So is this the CPU? I don't think it's the card since this happens when it's not OC'd either. Is it the HDD? Since I got one not to long ago and it didn't happen before that but started awhile after that I think.

Need help.

Also, on a side note. This is about the 3rd time Firefox has done this to me! I start it up and my bookmarks are gone! This hasn't happened to me since my old dell which I upgraded from! It just isn't my luck lol

What error message does the BSOD give you? Aside from the things you mentioned, it could be a memory issue. The BSOD error message would help in pinpointing the problem.

It flashes up and is gone in like 1 sec so taking a picture won't be easy. I use XP Home.

EDIT: I have more recently added more RAM. Could that be it?

right click My Computer. go to "Properties." Go to the Advanced Tab. Click on settings in the "Startup and Recovery" box. uncheck "Automatically Restart."
Wait for BSOD and then tell us what it is. It is very possible(likely) it is the new RAM you installed if it only started after that.

Will do. Just now need it to BSOD lol

EDIT: It worked thankfully :D Thanks :) It said this in the Technacial Error place:

***Stop: 0x0000005, 0x804EE268, 0xABDFCC14, 0x00000000)

Dam it! I forgot where the opening of the brackets where :( If that's needed I'll do it again but hopefully it isn't :(

Oh yes, It did say it does a "Hard Memory Dump" which is the RAM right?

So if you guys think it's the new RAM stick that's faulty, should I test it by removing it? Maybe I might get something better since it doesn't OC well lol, can't even get 220mhz :O

what type of error was it though? That doesn't really tell me a whole lot. does it say something along the lines of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA?

I don't know but don't think so. I'll take a picture in the mourning since I need to go to bed now (early mourning wake up >_<) Would apreciate any theories/help people can give!

Yeah, try uninstalling and reinstalling your drivers, particularly for the video card or sound card

Has it only been happening once you added the new RAM? Tried taking the RAM out or if you added more than 1 stick, trying with alternate sticks? Or doing a Memtest (but run the memtest more that once)? Along with many different causes, problem could also be casued by faulty graphics card.

First thing i would do is Go back to stock speeds on my computer. Most of the problems that i have had with BSOD's has been bad ram. After you go back to stock, if that don't work use a divider for your ram and take it below stock and see if that helps.

Cooter

It is below normal. 170.3mhz to be exact and it's DDR400. I'll try taking out the stick of ram and tryb each stick indervidualy then try another stick which is in another computer :)

Back