Buffalo firestix now @ $169.99 + shipping

Well like everyone else who bought RAM in the last few weeks, I SHOULD HAVE WAITED.

:rolleyes:

WTH I was just looking at these, I searched for Firestix and it was $189.99... when did it change? Maybe my silly Internet Explorer didn't refresh the page. And yes... I also bought mine at $189... poopie. How are people doing with these anyways? I've heard that they use bottom of the barrel D9's, and the PCB is poorly designed? I don't really trust newegg reviews though, so many stupid people complain that their sticks are DDR2-667....

I'm having a bad feeling this new batch isn't using D9 anymore. Buffalo had a very hard time filling orders since it is always out of stock just a few hours after it's available. It's more profitable to get a different IC in more plentiful quantity and sell it at a cheaper price.

If this is the case, I will call them and try to order one of the D9 version before they switch or forget about them if they indeed switched IC.

That's what I'm thining. But they have been selling the cheapest D9's for a while now. Maybe DDR2 will keep going down in price?

Guys Guys, like i said CEBIT was full of DDR3 rams. DDR3 which driving the price of DDR2 down.

I was tempted to sell my PNY's and buy some D'9.

Last time Intel jumped to ddr2 1st and ddr2 was very cheap. However Intel isn't the laggard anymore. I think ddr3 won't be as cheap at the get go like ddr2 was.

The latency on ddr3 is crazy!!! I might just hold off ddr2 for a few months

What do you think!!!!!!!!!! Of course!

I forgot to add sarcasm at the end. My point is that just cuz DDR3 will be out not alot of people will NOT jump on it right away cuz a NEW MOBO mobo will be nedded.

I hope Newegg will price match. I only bought mine on 14 days ago, I hope they will match their own offers.

I hope Newegg will price match. I only bought mine on 14 days ago, I hope they will match their own offers.

* The price of an item I purchased has dropped prior to shipment. Is it possible to get a refund of the difference?
Newegg.com does not offer any price guarantee, because industry prices change too often and too fast. If your order has not shipped, you can cancel the order online and re-order to take advantage of the new prices. All prices are as posted at the time of purchase.

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/FAQDetail.asp?Module=5

I feel your pain. I bought them on the 7th.

Hey guys Paypal $15 back deal is still alive and now if you use Paypal at checkout they will cover UP TO $10 of your shipping cost. Not bad. Use Code: PAYPAL10

I have no idea if the two promotions can be combined though.

i'm scared it might not be D9's should i just buy them and ask questions later?

... if you bought these for more because the prices right now are ridiculously low. Just suck it up and by 2 more GB and fire up your Supreme Commander.

Wouldn't you know it, I ordered a set of these last night so they could ship out today. That's how it goes I guess...

if its not shipped, you can cancel the order and then order it again @ the lower price

I ordered mine @ 163.99. I hope this plays well with my OCZ ram in my average overclock of my e6600 @ 3.2Ghz.

ZMAN

*First post*

I ordered a second set of these yesterday at 189 and called Newegg for the price difference. The CSR credited my CC 25 dollars because the items had yet to ship. I asked her about the first set I ordered a couple weeks back and she had told me there was nothing she could do, because newegg doesnt have a price guarantee policy. The only thing Im beginning to wonder, is if these are still the good chips? My first set is running 950Mhz @ 2.1v. Anyone have any insight about these new chips?

Back