Bugs In The Machine

HardOCP News

[H] News
In our last post we talked about “complex microscopic machines” powered by a tiny brain like computer. [H] reader Edward C. reminded me of this link to Sandia National Laboratories that shows off other ways to power micro-machines…bugs.

Well, they aren’t really "powering the machines"…but if you had little harnesses and whips…:D

nano machines already exist and are spread through the water systems of the world, everyone has them inside their bodies, they are all sitting and waiting for the kill order, where all at once, everyone in the world dies... wee.. sounds like a good plot for a sci-fi movie

It does look neat, like you're getting a look inside and seeing the little bugger powering the machine.
And if you get audio in there you can hear him complaining - like on The Flintstones.

Actually, they are just showing the dimensions that are being fabricated....I have seen in several presentations a movie that shows a bug on a gear that is then turned very fast and the bug is thrown off...It was related to MEMs

All they need are nano RC vehicles, and then you could have endless bug zapping fun where your health may or may not be guided by how well you play the game.

Hmmm...I think I picked up some of those rascals while in college. Dirty b!tch... ;)

The messed up part is how far ahead of us nature still is. We are like "Woah check out these awesome tiny gears we made!" While nature has a completely functional, thinking, reproducing, adaptive "bug" crawling around on and making fun of our progress.

Well, they aren’t really "powering the machines"…but if you had little harnesses and whips…:D

I could hear & see the PETA protests already. "Save our mites" Release the imprisoned mites!", "Slavery ain't right, not even for a mite" LOL

That one picture looks like a mite on the turntables.... DJ'ing some music... gears = records

Back