Building a static website for work, current software solutions?

onetrueday

[H]ard|Gawd
I have some experience with Joomla, wordpress and some basic html. However, it's been a while since I've really worked with any of them.

I'm building a static website for my work. It's a basic 5-7 page site that'll be informationally based. The contact us page will have a form based query.

I'm not looking for extremely plain. The header will probably be flash based using smishmax. My boss would love for it to look like this: http://www.counterpointsql.com/

From reading the source, it appears to have been created with - SiteGrinder 2.

I'd almost prefer something almost wysiwyg type of setup.

any thoughts, or is some variation of joomla the best way to go for ease of use and creation?

I'm not familar with sitegrinder, never even heard of it. Their website is not too impressive, imo.

If you're going to build the website, and almost never update it, than I would recommend just building a static HTML site. However, if you plan to update it, even on a semi infrequent basis (think typo updates, pricing, etc) than it would probably be worth using Joomla, Drupal, or some other CMS. Through these you can also have your form record the data to a DB, which is helpful.

Also, I wouldn't recommend a service like site grinder. Instead I would invest in getting the website professionally built (unless of course you can do the design and development). I wouldn't cheap out on the design and development of your website. It will pay off to have a well designed and built website.

Hope that helps!

Back