building first computer, help me

I'll try it out. Also, I can't seem to shut down the computer? I tried the reset button and holding down the power button, but it wouldn't shut down. ...Do I just unplug the cable?

I'll try it out. Also, I can't seem to shut down the computer? I tried the reset button and holding down the power button, but it wouldn't shut down. ...Do I just unplug the cable?

Yes. Or hit the power switch in the back of the PSU if there is one.

If posting just means I hear the sound from the mobo upon powering up, it does and that troubleshooting guide didn't make much sense to me. It's just that the monitor doesn't get the signal. Also, the video card's fan doesnt power on if that matters.

If posting just means I hear the sound from the mobo upon powering up, it does and that troubleshooting guide didn't make much sense to me. It's just that the monitor doesn't get the signal. Also, the video card's fan doesnt power on if that matters.

make sure your ram sticks are in the orange slots and not the black slots (if you did get the p6t), and make sure you have the proper pcie power connectors connected to the GPU. You may have accidentally connected the 8 pin cpu power to your GPU and PCIE to your 8 pin slot for your CPU.

So you do hear the POST beep? :confused: or do you hear multiple beeps?

POST = Power On Self Test... it checks your CPU first, then RAM and vidcard (or vice versa).

Back