Building my frist computer

derrick45123

Weaksauce
I'm acaully building this one for a friend, that wants to go out and buy a dell XPS and has barly $300. So I decide I would try and build him a nice computer under 500 bucks. He only plays World of Warcraft so he doesn't need a expenisve computer.Im just posting here cause im wanting to be sure everything is compaitable with each other.

This is what I've come up with:

AMD Athlon 64 +3200 AM2
BioStar Tforce AM2 Board
Corsair Vauleselect 1GB (2x512) DDR2
The CD-Rom The DVD Drive The Hard Drive
The case

And Windows XP home.
This should come out around 450 sum dollars.

haha crap forgot that...this also one of the issue were having...he has 2 moniters setup now and would like to keep it, but there both CRTs VGA connecters, and the only card I can find that have 2 VGA ports is PCI cards, but I would much rather get a PCI-E one, but he doesnt understand why he should go PCI-E over having two moniters, but this is what i found....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133007

Don't get that 5200, it would not be good for gaming...at all. That is PCI, you want a PCI Express card. You can get a DVI to VGA adapter if the video card doesn't come with one so you can have dual VGA.

Jordan1 said:
Don't get that 5200, it would not be good for gaming...at all. That is PCI, you want a PCI Express card.

Yes I know...I tried telling him that but he wants his dual moniter setup...but I might just make him get a 6800 because I dont wanna hear down the road "my computer sucks", cause I dont even no how that 5200 gonna work with 2 mons.

he can get an adapter to plug one of his vga monitors into the dvi port.

The DVI to VGA adapters should come with most videocard by now I think? At least they came with my roommates 6800 and my two ex7800GTs. Check what accessories come with the videocard through Newegg.

Why a regular dvd drive and a CD burner? For the price of the two you could get a DVD/CDRW burner. Or a combo cdrw/dvd drive + regular dvd drive if burning discs is what you want to do.

My question is, what is he playing it on that $500 is going to make a really big difference? What about just upgrading his videocard?

Almost all fast video cards nowadays are dual-dvi, mine came with 2 adapters in the box.

That case isn't my taste, but it's cheap so no complaints there.

Back