Bulletstorm leake... ahhhhh whats the point.

Skirrow

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone really care. Seriously. Its a given that piracy is rife and is inevitable so why bother pointing it out for every game lately..

Discuss.

Does anyone really care. Seriously. Its a given that piracy is rife and is inevitable so why bother pointing it out for every game lately..

Discuss.

CliffyB will be mad! Not a big fan of CliffyB, but I don't feel any sympathy for him on how poorly he treats the PC community.

I wasn't aware that people owed you anything.

I hear this argument a lot from anti-PC console gamers when they get something that PC gamers don't and then we have the audacity to complain. :rolleyes:

I'd feel bummed out too when this douchebag wouldn't be who he was without PC gaming in the first place almost 20 years ago. I grew up with his games, Jazz Jackrabbit especially comes to mind and to see where he is now. I am also angry at the pirates for driving away so many developers that started on the PC and really do like it but the financial side of the business is completely ruined by them. They ruin the greatest platform ever created, kill off the PC and all the benefits and uniqueness it has to offer gamers. :mad:

Burn!!!!

He whines about the PC scene being full of nothing but pirates, and then his game is pirated on consoles. AFAIK it hasn't even popped up on PC yet.

The irony is so sweet.

I hear this argument a lot from anti-PC console gamers when they get something that PC gamers don't and then we have the audacity to complain. :rolleyes:

I'd feel bummed out too when this douchebag wouldn't be who he was without PC gaming in the first place almost 20 years ago. I grew up with his games, Jazz Jackrabbit especially comes to mind and to see where he is now. I am also angry at the pirates for driving away so many developers that started on the PC and really do like it but the financial side of the business is completely ruined by them. They ruin the greatest platform ever created, kill off the PC and all the benefits and uniqueness it has to offer gamers. :mad:

its a cop out excuse. piracy hasn't hurt the gaming industry on PC. they just moved to consoles because its easier and cheaper to develop games for along with the gaming demographic shifting to consoles. it really has nothing to do with piracy its just an excuse they throw around have been throwing around for years.

The global gaming industry is estimated to hit sales of $68.3 billion by 2012. It was $18.6 billion in 2010 in the U.S. alone.

This is why I laugh when people start spewing doom and gloom about the industry being hurt by pirates.

Just did a search and saw the PS3 and 360 versions, hahaha.. This really is quite typical, though. I'm pretty sure there were Dead Space 2 console ISOs out before the PC stuff started showing up. Also, whenever I'm doing research and looking for older PC game ISOs it always seems easier to find their console counterparts instead.

Just did a search and saw the PS3 and 360 versions, hahaha.. This really is quite typical, though. I'm pretty sure there were Dead Space 2 console ISOs out before the PC stuff started showing up. Also, whenever I'm doing research and looking for older PC game ISOs it always seems easier to find their console counterparts instead.

Not possible. They preach that piracy is mainly a PC issue, not consoles. You must be imagining things.

I found the demo moderately fun but I have doubts about the longterm "fun". Demo pretty much gave me the gist of the game....obviously the full version will have more maps, weapons, and skillshots, but otherwise - the meat and potatoes of the game is in the demo and I can't imagine spending hours and hours doing that without getting incredibly bored.

[Plus MvC3 just came out anyway.] :D

You know I really can't stand Cliffy for the most part but when my friend died from Leukemia , one of his other friends emailed Cliffy and Cliffy read the entire blog his wife made (it was for friends and family wanting to know the latest on his condition) about how much he loved playing Gears of War with us (me and my brother plus a few other guys) and how it made dealing with the diease a bit easier. Cliffy decided to send his wife a Gears of War 2 Lancer chainsaw signed by the development team (she also enjoyed the game) and he even posted about how it touched him to read the blog his wife made via his twitter account. I'm not bullshitting about any of this either.

I really can't bad mouth a guy that treated my friend with more respect than most random strangers would.

I'm going to give bulletstorm a fair shot , I may disagree with Cliffy's view of the PC gaming community and piracy as a whole but I think hes a decent human being for what he did.

I had planned to visit my friend when Gears of War 3 came out and we were gonna party and what not , but he didn't make it.. :(

Last edited:
its a lot more involved to pirate a console game than a pc game, console game you gotta mod your console, pc you just download the game and play.

Just becuase its out on the console side, doesnt mean anyone can just download it and play since most people dont have a modded console...

The big BS for me about BulletStorm is no level editor for PC. This is kind of a slap in the face. Almost all games made from the unreal engine have had a level editor. The ability to create new levels or edit levels by the community is what made the Unreal franchise as popular as it has been, to remove that from an Unreal based game is a bad move.

I will still get Bullet Storm, but will probally wait till it drops to $30-$40

^^True, but that kinda makes it easier for the consoles.
As with PCs you have to wait for a crack; which could take a week or so, but with a console game it's pretty much a cloned DVD and your console is pre-modded and waiting.

I guess that's why we see console games so early.

TBH though I don't see the point in pirating this game (or any for that matter) as the meat&potatoes is the MP.

Crysis, Killzone, Bulletstorm... must be leak week.

I think devs need to work on their security, must be handing out copies to everyone.

Unless its all on purpose to get free advertising for the title. More news coverage for an omg pirate hack leak vs a regular game release. "If people seem to want it so bad they're pirating it maybe its a game I need to buy."

MP on ranked servers is the real value of FPS anyway.

Two of them are EA-published games and were done in all likelihood deliberately.

Sony only has itself to blame for making KZ3 available to reviewers for a month or more before release.

Please, this is their new marketing strategy for 2011. They can get the increased sales that piracy actually generates, while still claiming piracy ruins them. It's called having your cake and eating it too, and it's pretty disgusting.

This isn't a leak btw .. its piracy of a final copy , probably a hacker who got one early from a Gamestop.

A leak would be a build of the game not in final form and some time away from release.

I figure they send discs to pressing and someone in the disc manufacturing or packaging factory gets out with a copy.

Back