Burning Crusade NDA lifted

FluxCap

Limp Gawd
So, the BC NDA has been lifted. I am hearing some crazy stuff about green items sub level 65 better than tier 2 and almost as good as tier 3. I am also hearing the new areas are awesome in design and looks, any beta testers have any info to share?

I am afraid BC will be too good and I will return back to WoW. ;)

Haven't seen much about the items other than some posts on the Arena awards. The Sword of A Thousand Truths is now a one hander and they nerfed the stats, but it's available for 3750 arena points.

The beta forums have some interesting info but nothing too exciting.
http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com

Flying mounts will be around 800g and epic flying mounts are around 5000g. That's both mount and riding skill with the riding skill being the majority of the expense.

I have an invitation to be a beta tester for BC but currently they're only allowing a very select few to play. Hopefully next week they'll open beta to the rest of us that were invited.

Meh, I'll pass. I already forfeited a year of my youth away to that game already.

No thanks Blizz.

MovieMan80 said:
Haven't seen much about the items other than some posts on the Arena awards. The Sword of A Thousand Truths is now a one hander and they nerfed the stats, but it's available for 3750 arena points.

The beta forums have some interesting info but nothing too exciting.
http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com

Flying mounts will be around 800g and epic flying mounts are around 5000g. That's both mount and riding skill with the riding skill being the majority of the expense.

So is arena points the new version of honor that dont degrade over time? I heard blizzard fealt like the game was become too much about grinding, is this their answer then.

The expansions adding Arena points and Honor points. Honor points is gained through pvp'ing in BG's and world pvp (and possibly in the arena as well). Arena points are only gained in the arena.

The arena system is based around teams and has a ladder system. You form a team similar to a guild and you compete in the arena together. The arena events are 2x2, 3x3 and 5x5. Arena points are then based on the teams position in the ladder and their performance during their games. So a highly ranked team will receive more points than a lower ranked team.

There is a limit of 10 matches per week that a team can play to have count towards the ladder standings and gain arena points. There may also be a 1 hour time limit on total matches. (I'm not sure on this part...)

Every three months the ladder standings reset. The arena points accumulated never decay.

You can queue up for the arena as a single player to be matched up with other players, but it will be strictly for exhibition and will not yield any arena points.

Also, it's worth noting that the arena set items are heavily itemized around PvP (and are rather dissapointing to be honest). You can expect a lot of stamina but not very much in the way of damage output. Blizzard wants to differentiate between PvP gear and PvE gear.

In theory this sounds great, but in practice it will give an even larger advantage for those in PvE gear. They can do a lot more burst damage a lot faster, which means they can make much better use of cooldowns or things on diminishing returns (such as frost nova and fear). Low damage output for casters is going to screw them over as once their tricks are on cooldown or are ineffective becuase of diminishing returns melee is going to annihilate them.

Back