Burning DVD's

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
What's the best/fastest program to burn movies on my computer so I can play them in a DVD player and watch them on the TV?

I've been using the one integrated into Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Bit and it seems to take longer then it should. It takes anywhere from 2-4 hours.

I used to do it on XP Pro and i'd use nero and to Convert/Encode/Burn (instead of just Encode/Burn in Vista) it would take me about 45 minutes max.

That was back when I had a slower CPU aswell.

Any ideas?

What DVD Burner are you using?

If you are burning home videos, then it may take a while for the software the encode your video and the actual burn time may be less than half an hour depending on the burn speed, and dvd drive.

For example, I burned a 12GB .avi video file, and it took nearly an hour to encode the file, and about 10 minutes to burn the data to disc.

Well the encoding is what takes a while (i think), the actual burning only takes a few minutes.

The encoding is done almost entirely by the CPU...

I have an AMD 4850e CPU and I used Vista's DVD Maker to burn the dvd I mentioned before and encoding took almost an hour while burning took a few minutes.

Haven't tried Nero to compare the speed difference but I would expect Nero to take as long as Microsoft Vista's software. It may be +/- 10 minutes but that wouldn't be enough to make me purchase Nero.

Use the Slysoft package. Clone CD works the best for me and less coasters than any other program I have used. The package also comes with DVD copying program, and ripping capabilities. Also has HD and Blu Ray support. Clone CD will burn DVDs and only burns image files .img and .iso. If you are using VOB files probably want to go with Roxio's Cine package. You can find both on any torrent site or buy purchasing of course :)

IMGBurn for CD/DVD images. If you have to go from a single file (like an AVI) to DVD format, then you're going to have to buy something...Roxio, Nero, etc.

Back