Buy a 360 gamepad, or Logitech MOMO wheel for use with GTR2

BMWlover

Limp Gawd
I love the GTR2 demo, but need a better set-up for control. I like the logitech MOMO racing wheel but is expensive.(this means the G25 is out of the question.) I really like the XBOX 360gamepad and I think it would be good but have not used one on a PC. Thanks for your help.

For a game like GTR 2 it is a no brainer, get a wheel.

Yep wheel is the way to go. How much is the MOMO? You could try the Logitech wheel. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

It's made for the PS2 but has a USB connection and works flawlessly with the PC. I have one and it works great.

Ahhh brain fart gone. It's called the Driving Force Pro.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but wheels for the Xbox 360 will work for the PC? I downloaded the GTR2 demo and played it with my Xbox 360 controller. After I realised I suck I've been thinking about getting a wheel, but I'd love to pick up an Xbox 360 with Microsoft's wheel and Foza 2, (when they're released) and be able to play it on my computer.

If MS is making a wheel for the 360 I'd bet they will release drivers to make it work on the PC at some point. In fact it will probably work on the PC right out of the box but without the force feedback features (until proper drivers are released).

Why not get a Logitech Driving Force Pro? Probably can get them for $120 or so nowadays. Would be killing two birds with one stone as this wheel works for both PC and PS2 and it has 900* of steering rotation. Not the best wheel out, but its definitely better then the majority on the market.

sethmo said:
Why not get a Logitech Driving Force Pro? Probably can get them for $120 or so nowadays. Would be killing two birds with one stone as this wheel works for both PC and PS2 and it has 900* of steering rotation. Not the best wheel out, but its definitely better then the majority on the market.

But doesn't the 900 degree rotation only work on some PS2 games? My friend has that wheel and it is pretty damn good. I'm planning on buying one soon to replace my pos M$ wheel that he gave me for free awhiles ago! :)

IMO DFP is the best mass-produced regular consumer wheel on the market.

It has its drawbacks, like no real flappy paddles behind the wheel.. Still made out of plastic(although feels relatively substantial, and the metal MOMO is discontinued).. and the logitech pedals in comparison are lacking (although the only other option is to get the much more expensive low production # niche models)

The latest logitech drivers officially support the DFP under windows, and 900 deg mode is supported. Other modes inbetween are also supported with "soft stops" (force feedback stops)

The free range of rotation, plus the sensitivity of the wheel (i forgot how many bits/steps it has, but its pretty impressive), plus the percision of an optical sensor for the wheel is well worth it. Force feedback is pretty good too.

Only better wheels out there are the vastly more expensive models made by small niche groups.

Back