Buy A Real Law Degree On Craigslist

HardOCP News

[H] News
Some guy is selling his law degree on Craigslist. In related news, the ad is no longer posted and coincidentally I am now [H]ard|OCP’s legal counsel. :D Thanks to D. Frisk for the image (and the laugh).

Last edited:
Perhaps Universities will start putting "NOT TRANSFERABLE OR FOR RESALE" on their degrees if this practice of selling your "piece of shit" degrees gains momentum...

That's why I went to a State University for a Science degree.

And why after 2 years out of University I have absolutely zero loans. Just like the day I graduated.

(Full scholarship, not daddy's money)

That's why I went to a State University for a Science degree.

And why after 2 years out of University I have absolutely zero loans. Just like the day I graduated.

(Full scholarship, not daddy's money)

I fail to see the correlation. You can get a full scholarship to law school too.

The guy is selling his law degree because he hates law firm life and lawyers, not because he didn't make a good living. He was making well into the six figures if he was working at a large silicon valley firm.

BTW: I am about to graduate from the same law school as this guy. :p

So true. Several of my friends are lawyers, they ALL hate it.

They've talked other friends of mine out of going to law school.

LOL

What can't you buy on Craigslist? ;)

Blow? Then again, you can buy hookers... Who can bring the Blow...

I had a friend who went to law school. Did everything but take (or pass?) the bar exam...

He's also one of the dumbest mofos I've ever had the displeasure of getting to know...

Almost the 13th annv of the day I decided to never talk to the guy again...

Guy's black, and would cut me down every opportunity for being white... He laid down on me what was supposed to be the mother of all putdowns, but I turned it back on him with barely a wit of thought... And his friends did (and probably still do) laugh at him to this day about how easily his insults of others are slammed right back at him...

He hates America so much for its historical treatment of blacks, regardless of my family tree's role in any of it. Would he really prefer to return to Africa?

He apparently absolutely felt that Blacks in America have the "monopoly on suffering." And that the Holocaust is nothing in contrast to how America's built itself.

(God, I hate myself for even remembering that he'd babble about that every chance someone was stupid enough to lend him an ear...)

I hope to God he's still unemployed...

As a law student at a top 50 school myself, I agree.

Thank god for scholarships and instate tution though. No debt through undergrad and my first 2 years of law school tuition were free also.

Hooray for 50k debt instead of 200k!!!

wait...

Guy's black, and would cut me down every opportunity for being white... He laid down on me what was supposed to be the mother of all putdowns, but I turned it back on him with barely a wit of thought... And his friends did (and probably still do) laugh at him to this day about how easily his insults of others are slammed right back at him...

He hates America so much for its historical treatment of blacks, regardless of my family tree's role in any of it. Would he really prefer to return to Africa?

He apparently absolutely felt that Blacks in America have the "monopoly on suffering." And that the Holocaust is nothing in contrast to how America's built itself.

I didn't know you knew Barak Obama... so cool!!!! But in all seriousness, I've known several tools like your former friend and, quite frankly, they're insufferable.

The guy with the story about his friend.

I'd just like to say thats not a lawyer issue, thats a personal issue.

Lawyers are scum, your friend is just a race baiter.

He makes a valid point on one thing. If George Bush's Daddy got junior into Harvard Business School (and then went to to bankrupt every company he ever owned) just how valuable is such a "higher" degree? Bush proved you can have the highest education possible and still be a screwup.

I can just picture Steve as legal counsel: "If the bra don't fit, you must acquit!" :eek:

He makes a valid point on one thing. If George Bush's Daddy got junior into Harvard Business School (and then went to to bankrupt every company he ever owned) just how valuable is such a "higher" degree? Bush proved you can have the highest education possible and still be a screwup.

Getting a degree, passing a certification, or having a certain position does not guarantee one actually knows what the hell they are doing. Point in case, all those insufferable people who got the first certificates that came out for Microsoft or Cisco or whatever and then preceded to call me to tell them what the f they are supposed to do.

So true. Several of my friends are lawyers, they ALL hate it.

They've talked other friends of mine out of going to law school.

LOL

I hear this all the time from people I went to law school with. Overwhelmingly, they went straight through undergrad directly to law school. Now they make $180k and whine because the job is demanding. Those of us who had a career prior to law school appreciate that with high pay comes significant responsibility. If you don't like it, do something else. It's almost offensive to me that people with ridiculous salaries wouldn't appreciate it.

As for the ad, he sounds like the typical crybaby. I have a wife and a baby on the way, I make time for my family and the things that are important to me all while successfully practicing law. It's not that hard. As for his "anal" comment, I imagine he's about a 3-4 year associate who has been let go. He probably made mistakes in his work and the partners can't trust him to produce product for the Court or the client without supervision (necessary for mid-level attorneys). Happens all the time.

I hear this all the time from people I went to law school with. Overwhelmingly, they went straight through undergrad directly to law school. Now they make $180k and whine because the job is demanding. Those of us who had a career prior to law school appreciate that with high pay comes significant responsibility. If you don't like it, do something else. It's almost offensive to me that people with ridiculous salaries wouldn't appreciate it.

As for the ad, he sounds like the typical crybaby. I have a wife and a baby on the way, I make time for my family and the things that are important to me all while successfully practicing law. It's not that hard. As for his "anal" comment, I imagine he's about a 3-4 year associate who has been let go. He probably made mistakes in his work and the partners can't trust him to produce product for the Court or the client without supervision (necessary for mid-level attorneys). Happens all the time.

you're so awesome over tcp/ip...

you're so awesome over tcp/ip...

Whatever - don't get your panties in a wad. This guy on craigslist owes $60k on this piece of paper - he could at least stick with it until he's at 0. When 10M are unemployed, I'm less inclined to listen to some BS about how people don't like their job.

If you're interested, I'll PM my address in Houston and you can witness my awesomeness in person.

Or heck, maybe they don't want to spend their lives doing paperwork...

Money is secondary to enjoying what you do.

I love how you read into what he wrote. What? He doesn't want to be a layer? He must be a slacker. I mean, it's obvious right?

LOL.

Or heck, maybe they don't want to spend their lives doing paperwork...

Money is secondary to enjoying what you do.

I love how you read into what he wrote. What? He doesn't want to be a layer? He must be a slacker. I mean, it's obvious right?

LOL.

I "read" into what he wrote because I hear it all the f'ing time. I agree that money is secondary. That said, jobs that pay a lot are generally very time consuming (docs, lawyers, etc.). People go to law school and pay $100k for a degree from a prestigious school to get high paying jobs. To then complain about how everyone at work is hobbyless (aka spends all their time at work) says to me that he doesn't like the time constraints. It's not as if in the course of 3 years of school and one or two summer clerkships he couldn't have determined what life was going to be like.

If I dug ditches for a living, I imagine my co-workers would get tired of me complaining that "I'm just so tired of moving dirt around." It's the job...

To be honest, I believe we have it really, really good as lawyers. In fact, I think we're overpaid compared to engineers, etc. People work very hard for a lot less money. To complain about how hard it is to be a lawyer feels like I'm spitting on everyone else who works just as hard for a lot less.

To be honest, I believe we have it really, really good as lawyers. In fact, I think we're overpaid compared to engineers, etc. People work very hard for a lot less money. To complain about how hard it is to be a lawyer feels like I'm spitting on everyone else who works just as hard for a lot less.

I hear you.

We need more scientists and engineers; and yeah, you bastards are overpaid. :p

I never complain about making less than minimum wage when I'm working as a white water river guide. Generally on the weekend in spring and summer, if I'm not working with a raft full of customers, I'm in my kayak anyway...

Agreed.

That has to be a joke. I mean damn, I am speechless, lol....

No, it's totally acceptable to sell your advanced degree to someone else, and then let them take it over, especially in a field where you have to pass an examination to be allowed to work. :rolleyes:

No, it's totally acceptable to sell your advanced degree to someone else, and then let them take it over, especially in a field where you have to pass an examination to be allowed to work. :rolleyes:

Well....Jack Thompson passed the bar, it can't be that hard. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The guy with the story about his friend.

I'd just like to say thats not a lawyer issue, thats a personal issue.

Lawyers are scum, your friend is just a race baiter.

Until this country has less laws, it will need more lawyers. Blame Washington, D.C. for that.

I hear you.

We need more scientists and engineers; and yeah, you bastards are overpaid. :p

I was an engineer for 8 years prior to law school (Purdue BSEE, thus PurduEE). By the end, I'd made my mind up I never wanted to deal with another layoff. In order to utilize my tech experience, I chose patent law. That said, I appreciate that I contribute nothing to society.. :)

I was an engineer for 8 years prior to law school (Purdue BSEE, thus PurduEE). By the end, I'd made my mind up I never wanted to deal with another layoff. In order to utilize my tech experience, I chose patent law. That said, I appreciate that I contribute nothing to society.. :)

Working for apple are you?

you know someone will actually buy it just to show it off when people come over.

"Yeah I studied to be a lawyer and got my law degree but Fixing toilets is my passion in life"

Back