"Buy it Wholesale" ??

Zak

Limp Gawd
This guy claims to sell 30" LCD "Wholesale Price List" for about $8.00. (You bid on it).
He doesn't sell the monitor, he sells a list of Wholesalers in US who (he says) "will sell you a 30" LCD monitor at Wholesale price".
He claims that some 30" LCD monitors have a Wholesale price so low it's down in the cellar. See his article.
The guy could be right or wrong, who knows. but if you want to risk a few bucks to get his List, let us know how you make out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270009664106&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BID_IT

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I follow this key phrase, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Just be aware, way too many scammers out there these days.

The "Wholesale price" he lists for a 30" LCD monitor-(IF its correct) means the monitor vendors who sell it to us are making not 100% profit, but 1000% profit. Lordy, Lordy, what are those poor Chinese peasants being paid, over there----a handful of rice per day?

For $8 bucks, you don't have much to lose really if you pay with a Credit Card. My suspicion is that it is a list that will only sell to people with tax-exempt resale licenses. If I had the time to go and look up my ebay account I maybe would have tried it.

Definitely let us know what you find if you get it.

Stereophile said:
I wonder if a wholesaler will sell just one unit ? Kind of doubt it.
The guy seems to be saying we can buy a single unit from any Wholesaler on his Pricelist.
But you gotta pay him the 8 bucks to get the List.
If I had eBay acct I'd say "what the heck" and buy it.
The offer expires in 5 more hrs.

I used to have access to a few electronics wholsalers pricelists. Their prices wern't much lower than newegg or ZZF. I figure that the big online resellers are selling so many of them that they only need to mark items up by a few dollars.

Every wholesaler that I looked at required a tax ID up front, before you could even see the price list. Most required an application process so they could assign a sales rep to your account. Some of them even required a credit application, and proof of funds to make large purchases(on the order of $100,000 at a time).

I have no doubt that you will get a list from the ebay seller for $8. It will probably be a nice big list too. But, without owning a business, you won't get any of those wholesalers to talk to you. The ones that will have higher prices, and will charge an arm and a leg for shipping a small order. Small quantity orders don't give you any savings.

I have heard of some things you can do to get "test products", but that's not the norm certainly.

I know a few people who own their own mom and pop retail shops. All of them say that most times Newegg is cheaper than their wholesalers. Now if you're going to be buying an INSANE amount of hardware, i.e. more than Newegg possibly buys then perhaps you will score and get a better deal. But like it was already mentioned, ZZF and Newegg already have probably thee most cheap prices available to us as normal consumers.

Back