Buy screws?

imzjustplayin

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a laptop off ebay which works but is missing screws, it's identical to one I have. The reason I got it is because the one I have has a bad bios that I'm suppose to reflash (one day) and it's in great condition. I'm able to take out screws of the working one and put it into the new one but I want to have screws for both laptops. Since I have a reference to which screws I need, i wanted to know if there was a place where I could purchase screws online. The color of the screws (black) doesn't matter much to me, just the size, thread type etc.

Anybody have a good place to buy screws or small parts for computers? Don't even dare mention a hardware store such as lowes.

You gonna try a hot bios flash? Just wondering, cause you can usually get the manufacturer to send you a pre-programmed replacement bios flash rom for little to nothing. Even after the warranty is up, so long as it is not so old that they no longer have any repair parts stock. They prolly will have the screw you are looking of as well. Can't hurt to give the manufacturer's tech support line a call.

Otherwise, as enginurd posted, electronics or computer repair shops will prolly have what you are looking for.

Most places on line that would sell you just a particular screw,(not counting standard drive screws), will try to sell you several hundred or thousand at a time.

Back