Buy Sharp Aquos 42" now or wait?

indelible

n00b
So I bought a Sharp Aquos 42" (Model: LC-42D62U) for $1180, brand new. I don't know if i should keep it or return it because I probably won't be able to set it up for ~4 months because I still need to buy furniture and stuff. I'm not hip to the LCD TV pricing strategies, so I have a couple questions. Should I wait till Black Friday and hope that there will be some deals? Do you guys think the TV will drop down to that price by then? TIA

There are always deals to be had on black friday but there is no guarantee that this specific TV will be on sale for BF..you can however guarantee that in 6months it will be cheaper, thats just how the electronics market is, personally I'd return it unless you're using it right now, no sense in dropping 1.2k for something you're not even using.

It's doubtful that this will be a Black Friday sale. BF items are normally your lesser brands that already sell at a lower price, which they then tear down even further to beat the competition. Why bother discounting Sharp to $1000 when you could get the Akai down to $600?

Anyway, have you considered some forum welfare here? For $1180 plus the price of shipping, you might be able to find someone here to take that off you. How did you get it at that price anyway, if you don't mind me asking? (PM me please if it's sensitive)

So I bought a Sharp Aquos 42" (Model: LC-42D62U) for $1180, brand new. I don't know if i should keep it or return it because I probably won't be able to set it up for ~4 months because I still need to buy furniture and stuff. I'm not hip to the LCD TV pricing strategies, so I have a couple questions. Should I wait till Black Friday and hope that there will be some deals? Do you guys think the TV will drop down to that price by then? TIA

62U is the inferior model to 92U.

I would return it regardless

It's doubtful that this will be a Black Friday sale. BF items are normally your lesser brands that already sell at a lower price, which they then tear down even further to beat the competition. Why bother discounting Sharp to $1000 when you could get the Akai down to $600?

Anyway, have you considered some forum welfare here? For $1180 plus the price of shipping, you might be able to find someone here to take that off you. How did you get it at that price anyway, if you don't mind me asking? (PM me please if it's sensitive)

well, i placed the order with sears, i haven't picked it up so i can still cancel it. the price is actually $1500, but it randomly showed up as $1350 after i added it to cart, then i had a 15% coupon so it brought it down to 1147, then i had fatwallet cash back of $57. After tax it came out to be $1180. This is a steal IMO, it's still 1400+ elsewhere, that's why i was considering buying it.

i dont make people feel happy when they shouldnt be. Wasting money is stupid.

the samsung of similar size is much crisper/clearer. the 92 is a better unit. thats why the 62u is being sold off.

the 92U sharp isnt perfect either. The samung has better colour. Colour plus contrast = display.

I would love to consume your flesh with acid.

Back