Buyer asked their bank to reverse the PayPal Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillimon04

2[H]4U
Ok so today I looked at my email and I see that I have a buyer that wants his money back I guess, but he never told me anything. He opened the claim on October 2nd and I was PMing him about a problem he said came up about the product, then on October 3rd he said oh nvm I sold it. So how do I fix this newly found dispute? And Im not in the wrong right? He didnt inform me that he was gonna reverse it or anything.

Also forgot, when I went to my paypal account it doesnt show me how to fix the problem or why he did it. just shows my account with a negative balance.

Last edited:
basically he reversed the payment because he screwed you over, he has your item and now he did not have to pay for it... the problem is that as a result paypal lost the money, so paypay is making you pay for it

Am I allowed to do that yet? And he is on OCN, but I dont know if he has a Hardforums account.

So you are posting about something that happened on overclock and not here? I'm sorry you got your money taken but you need to take it up in the other forum as it will just get locked here. As it had nothing to do with [H] though.

Unless i am reading it wrong, and perhaps i am. Good luck with it either way.

Well I thought I would come to here for some help, I dont see how thats a problem. Just needed to know what I could do if this happened to someone else. Not trying to put a user on blast or anything.

If he bought your stuff, claimed it was defective, got the bank to refund him, and then sold your item to someone else, that can be considered a scam if he doesn't pay you back the original amount.

If the item was defective and he requested a refund, he should ship back the item to you and you should refund him the money paid for the item and the cost of shipping.

But if he sells the item, that means he accepted the purchase, and therefore gives up his claim on the amount he spent on buying it from you. Because if he does not accept the purchase, he has no right to sell that item, which is technically still yours.

At this point, I would try to work it out with the buyer (nicely) to get him to send you that money again, and if reason doesn't work, bring the issue to the mods at OCN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back