Buyer has not picked up Package, nor responds to Pms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

avddreamr

Gawd
I sold a motherboard to someone on here, I shipped the next day, delivery confirmation, insurance and at buyers request but not expense signature required.

It's been sitting at the post office since the april 8th, and the buyer has logged in several times since then, but does not respond to pms.

Now, I made it explicitly clear that there are no refunds or returns, both in the original for sale posting, and in the invoice that the buyer requested.

What should be my next course of action?

The buyer has a good amount of heatware feedback, and even asked me to leave feedback after he paid (which i did). So i'm surprised, but if after 15 days the package is sent back to me, I have no intention of refunding his purchase. But I don't want to go through the additional expense of shipping it back to the buyer.

Advice? this is the first time anything like this has happened, what should I do?

Ok, if he paid you, and you have confirmation, then it is job to go get it from the PO. If he doesn't , I wouldn't give it a single thought about it. Especially if you have PMed him letting him know that it is there..

It's really only been 2 operating (assuming USPS) days, since he probably didn't get notice on Friday till late in the day that the package was there. So Saturday and today. It's a possibility he got it today and the records aren't updated yet.

I'd be concerned if it gets to the 15th and he hasn't responded, gotten it or whatever. I'm guessing most people would say it's unfair to not refund money if it gets returned to you. But they would say that you should deduct ALL shipping costs from his payment since it's his fault he didn't get it, and not to refund until you have it physically back in your hands to make sure he didn't pick it up and the records were delayed/mistaken.

Shouldn't be your problem.

I would give the benefit of the doubt, if they have to pick up from a PO Box some people are just busy and it's not a high priority. It's only been 2 business days. If it goes another 2 weeks and does get returned, then it's his liability to pay for shipping if they want it back.

Don't sweat it, as long as you've made a good faith effort and provided them with the tracking info it's no problem.

Also - USPS sometimes sucks at updating info. It's possible they picked it up and the info hasn't been updated.

I agree with the above. Just let it go. If it gets sent back to you then resell it cheap & refund whatever you make off of it the 2nd time.

The only thing that brought me concern, was the lack of communication after the postman attempted delivery.

Hopefully it will work out, but the terms of the sale are explicitly stated. Time will tell how this plays out.

I'm just not going to be happy if 3 weeks after I shipped the item, and rushed to the post office to get it out, it shows up at my door.

If it does end up back here, I suppose i should offer to ship it again, at his expense. And that's what i'll say to paypal.

Postal employee here, I would not worry. SOP is to hold the package 10 days before being returned if not picked up. Give him some more time.

I'm assuming since you say its sitting at the post office, that you shipped it to a PO box.....I use PO box myself, and I generally only go to the Post office once or twice a week unless I'm waiting for something I really need...
Since it got there on Friday, and its only Monday, I would wait at least until this weekend to start getting worried about them picking it up....as has been mentioned,it can stay there for up to 10 days before they send it back....and even then, they may hold it longer....

I'm going to close this for now, if you need it opened back up this weekend, PM myself or any other FS/FT mod.

Thanks

I purchased the shipping label through PayPal, and shipped to the address that was on the payment.
This is an automatic process, so there can be no user error on behalf of the shipper/seller.

USPS attempted delivery, and the tracking information says that they left the note.
@9:55 am on April 08, 2011

The buyer was emailed a pdf of the shipping label, packing slip, and original invoice.

the buyer states " I never got a notice and when to post office and they said it's not there."

Buyer did apologize for the poor response.

Just attempting to set a history god forbid there's a problem.

I'm hoping that the motherboard that I rushed out to ship, isn't that important to the buyer, and he really hasn't invested any time actually calling the post, or going in person.

It just struck me as odd, and that's why i posted here.

To echo the other posts, I wouldn't worry about it just yet. The fact that he hasn't picked it up or responded is very possibly related: he might be really busy (although not responding to you if he's logged in is bad form imo). Picking up at the Post Office is also a PIA for a lot of people -- I know I've let some packages sit there for a couple days before having time (or the patience) to pick them up.

In any case, I'm sure you would have heard if there was a problem.

You can schedule a free redelivery. The same thing happened to me on ebay. I sold a CPU on and got signature required. They weren't there so it went back to the post office. I emailed the buyer like 5 times to go pick the fucking thing up. No response.

I finally just set up a redelivery. Luckily they were at home this time and it was signed for.

But the bastard never left feedback and I FUCKING HATE THAT!

OK, I think we can close this thread.
This is what more than likely happened.
1)Delivery attempt may or may not have been met, it's NY, and the post is busy.
2)The buyer was truly busy, and probably had a similar amount of apprehension when he saw that the notice was left, but he could not find it.
3)As such, I over reacted, b/c I had some transactions go sour last October to the tune of 400 (not from the H).
4)Post office actually made an attempt to deliver the item today, and it was signed for.

thank you guys :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back