Buying New Mouse Need Opinions

Eibach

Limp Gawd
Hey so I have been using the Logitech G5 for about 3 years. I like it but the one complaint i have is that it gives my hand cramps after an hour or so of use. I am looking for a new mouse that wont give me cramps but that will still be good in games and not lag or jump or skip. Iv heard that the new wireless arnt as bad at skipping. I was thinking about getting this one.

Logitech MX 620

I like it because it looks like it would be comfterable, and i also like that it can switch to the click-to-click scrolling, better for games =).

I recently tried out the Microsoft Natural Wireless 6000 Mouse and it was a little too "natural" for me.

Let me know what you think about the mx620. thanks =)

If you're not completely set on wireless mice, I would highly recommend the Steel Series Ikari Laser Mouse. If you look around, you can find it for ~$50 and I think it's worth every penny. Of course, It has a lot of bells and whistles like macro support and driverless profiles that can or can be a good thing depending on your taste.

Going with the razor deathadder reduced a lot of stress I developed from using a small wireless.

Before I got it I tried gripping various mice including ones with similar contours to the MX and they didn't feel so good.

If you're a lefty then go for the razor lachesis which has the same design considerations but is ambidextrous instead being biased to righties.

+1 for the MX518. Works wonderfully.

Had some problems with SP3 though, wouldn't work worth a damn in SP3. Not sure if this is a wide spread problem though as I have only seen a select few have this problem. Works like a charm on SP2.

Yeah i just talked to a friend of mine and he says he does the same thing but still doesnt get the response he would like in FPS's

Dunno much about FPS Games mine worked awesome for my Recently Ended WoWCRAAAACK addiction.

Alright so i think iv narrowed it down to the Mx Revolution and the MX 1100, which would you rather have? I think the extra scroller on the mx revolution is a bit weird any thoughts? Gamers?

Dude I still think the MX518 is the best gaming mouse ever. They are still available. I prefer I wired mouse, the cord does not bother me and they are heavier and just feel kind of wierd. I used to use a logitech wireless, I liked it, but when it broke i went 510, then 518.
My friend has the G5 its nice too. But more expensive than the 518 and offering no improvements in my eyes! If the price is the same I guess it doesnt matter!

Dude I still think the MX518 is the best gaming mouse ever. They are still available. I prefer I wired mouse, the cord does not bother me and they are heavier and just feel kind of wierd. I used to use a logitech wireless, I liked it, but when it broke i went 510, then 518.
My friend has the G5 its nice too. But more expensive than the 518 and offering no improvements in my eyes! If the price is the same I guess it doesnt matter!

yeah i have the g5 right now, and i dont like it because it cramps my hands so im trying to get out of that boat.

deathadder, ie 3.0, steelseries ikari OPTICAL or an mx518

pick one. Dont buy a laser mouse

deathadder, ie 3.0, steelseries ikari OPTICAL or an mx518

pick one. Dont buy a laser mouse

Cool guess I am not the only one! The Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 was my prior favorite mouse I might add. I still use it as my backup and for any laptops I happen to be using.

Heh, I'm still using regular MS Intellimouse 3.0 opticals. :eek: I tried the MX518 when I built a buddy's comp, and really liked it, but not enough to shell out $30, lol. I've also tried the other logitech mice, but again, haven't liked anything enough to shell out more money since my MS mice were free (got like 5 of 'em, lol). :D Mice are highly subjective, so I just wanted to throw my experience out there. ;)

Last edited:
Currently using a G5,

But I was looking to try the new Microsoft Sidewinder X8 with bluetrack it seems like a very nice mouse,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105255&Tpk=sidewinder x8

As for the Logitech revolution Bluetooth, I've got a lot of friends using that one and to cut down the lag to praticly nothing we've found that you could use a high powered bluetooth receiver like the Trendnet TBW-102UB, that's worth about 20$ online

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156144

Last edited:
I went down to Bestbuy today to check the feeling of the mx revolution and the mx1100 and the mx revolution did fit my hand, i have a fairly big hand and the mx 1100 felt much better. I just bought the mx1100 of newegg, ill let you guys know how it goes =)

Back