buying stuff

gwai lo

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay guys...I didn't want to get in trouble for putting this in the FS/T forum...so I guess this is the next best thing.

Basically...guy buys dell..and flame flame flame...he could've saved lots of $$$...soo..anyway...other guy starts making up prices. They sound pretty rediculous, but what do I know..i don't hang out in there..

sooo..anyway:

apparently if i posted "i have 400 bucks for a GTX" i can EASILY (emphasis on easily) myself flooded with PMs

and apparently....offering 130 for a raptor means instant replies

one second is all it takes to get a DFI NF4 mobo for 140

anddd..if i said i was going to pay 300 for a A64 4000+, people will come RUNNING to me

i'm pretty sure a couple of you other there know what i'm talking about..but..anyway..yes

anyone got a GTX? I have money.... *waves bills*

so...yeah..okay..fine fine...real question

how credible is this guy's claims?

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
I can't make heads nor tails of what you are talking about
no kidding. this is one of those threads where really funny pictures are randomly posted, so it might be good for something. :p

I think he's trying to validate the claims of some too good to be true deals on high-end hardware.

Edit: I would post a funny picture, but all I have bookmarked right now is a camel saying O RLY and a Naziist My Little Pony PS.

let the pics begin

whatever.jpg

orlyowl6ru.jpg

yarly7hp3qx.gif

nowai3wp.jpg

hmm...i didn't think it was all THAT incoherent. ;)

k...soo...uhm...think you are all thinking too hard :p

can i get two 7800GTX's, DFI's NF4-SLI board, an A64 4000+, and two raptors for less than 1500?

the claim was this could easily be done via FS/T trade forums

i just didn't think it was all that easy, or well...feasible.

soo..let's try again?

maybe too much sarcasm confuses people :D

I still don't understand what the question is. There aren't any set prices in fs/ft, so how would anyone know if you can buy those items for that price? If a person wants to sell one of those items that cheaply then there's nothing stopping him. There's also nothing stopping him from not selling it so cheaply. You just have to be at the right place at the right time. For the record, though, a bit of searching brings up a couple 7800gtxs for $400 each. a64 4000+ for $300. A pair of 74gig raptors for $268. Maybe you were looking for a different motherboard, but newegg has a dfi nf4-sli motherboard for $122(though I'd be glad to sell you one for $140. ;)(though there is a dfi nf4 sli-d on here for $120) ). Grand total: $1490. Plus $10 finders fee brings it up to your desired $1500. Thank you. And searching isn't all that hard. You should try it some time. That's all I did for this post. Also, carriage return != sentence break. You don't need them after each sentence.

jpmkm said:
Also, carriage return != sentence break. You don't need them after each sentence.

ROFL! yeah dewd, you need atleast 4th grade grammer to be able to converse with us, otherwise we have no F'in idea wtf u are talking about. and these are threads, so if u want to continue a topic from somewhere else, u need to bring everyone up to speed on what the feck is going on. wish i was a mod... i would just delete you :eek:

eh..just me being too lazy to complete sentences. I tend to type while thinking...so stuff comes out like this...saves time, but sometimes doesn't come out as clear as it should. Anyway, here's a sample of actually having fourth grade grammar. :p

Wasn't continuing a thread and I really think you guys are overthinking it. Oh well, nevermind don't worry about it. The whole pricing thing, well nevermind. One of those few threads where I didn't quite think things out before posting. I don't know, whatever...nevermind.

My bad...delete for teh win! ;)

Something about me and posting incoherently this past week...me thinks I should lurk a bit more.

Back