Buying the NEC 3090 Should I be stopped?

And are they insanely visible?

I have the 2690, if they are all H-IPS Panel, I assume 3090 probably suffer the same.

There are visible static strips (the strips are a darker value than the surrounding area) going across the screen from left to right, it's not visible during normal use, and is only visible when the screen is displaying pitch black and you are viewing it in a completely dark room

And are they insanely visible?

They're quite noticeable on a gray image. They're also noticeable on some other light colors. I can see them on white as well, but they don't stand out on white - you have to look for them to see them - I rarely see the stripes on white when I don't look for them.

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you use gray backgrounds a lot.

I have the 2690, if they are all H-IPS Panel, I assume 3090 probably suffer the same.

There are visible static strips (the strips are a darker value than the surrounding area) going across the screen from left to right, it's not visible during normal use, and is only visible when the screen is displaying pitch black and you are viewing it in a completely dark room

I haven't seen such a problem on the 3090. What we're talking about here is vertical stripes of somewhat darker color which show up particularly on gray and some other light colors. The 3090 problem looks like a classic LCD mura defect to me. I'm not sure what it is that you're describing on the 2690.

So visual guy can you see them when you or on this forum?

No - the color scheme of this forum is dark.

I don't know the current versions of Photoshop, but I remember that the old versions used a gray background. My guess is that you'll notice the striping on that.

It's very easy to see the striping by setting the desktop background to gray.

Well in the newer Photoshops you can set the background to whatever colour you want....sooo but what I'm thinking bout are the games....

Pawstar: Do you have the vertical stripes?

Yes, I do have striping - have a somewhat prominent streak about a 1/3-rd way from the left side going from the bottom of the screen to somewhere in the middle (it goes further just less visibile). The rest aren't that bad - visible given the right circumstances, but ignorable. The glow and backlight bleeding annoys me a few orders of magnitude more than the stripes.

Thank you guys for continuously answering my questions. You've been a tremendous help. I think by the end of this month I should have a decision. I'm not gonna jeopardize my career for a few thousand dollars.

I'll have to find a vendor with a good return policy for international shipping. They couldn't have just made it perfect now could they?

I just received a Rev. C1 made in 9/2008, and it also suffers from the vertical stripes problem just like the B1 and A1 revisions. It's a bummer - I thought it would be fixed by now.

I think it was called PCSolutions. But you may want to go to Google Au and type in the product there.

Hey visiualguy that indeed is a bummer but how is the back light bleed and are there any dead pixels?

Hey visiualguy that indeed is a bummer but how is the back light bleed and are there any dead pixels?

... and what about the glow in the corners? Does the new revision have any improvements there?

No difference in backlight bleed. There are no dead pixels on the unit that I got, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the revision of the monitor. The unit that I got has a somewhat annoying color uniformity problem - I've seen other units with similar problems in different areas of the screen where some areas look more greenish/bluish and some areas look more reddish/yellowish. It's pretty annoying when you have a window with a white background that spans areas on the monitor with a different tint. As you read a line of text in the window, you see the white background color change, or in other cases the white color at the top area of the window will be somewhat different than the white at the bottom. I've seen this with both PVA and IPS panels. Eizo and NEC have features which improve uniformity (both brightness and color) significantly, but sometimes (pretty often, actually) there's still some annoying non-uniformity left.

... and what about the glow in the corners? Does the new revision have any improvements there?

No difference.

Back