C0/C1 920 and temps.

SulSeeker

Gawd
So... after spending about a year on the intel stock cooler (served me well @ 3300/3465 Mhz) I got a Cogage True Spirit.

I downclocked it to 20x150 and went about replacing the cooler. After booting up fine, I check the temp in the bios after 5 minutes. It seemed lower than with the intel cooler. so I go about overclocking it (Yes, I know I should have check better.. or load temps before and after at this speed, but I'm a tad impatient.)

Sail on through to 3600 Mhz, which would bluescreen the intel cooler.

hit 3800 Mhz, Open Intelburn test... Cpu thinks about it, and BSOD. Retry with an extra .1 vCore. Thinks about it again, goes to work, BSOD after 30 or so seconds. Add Another .05 vCore and I'm successful.

Now the bad news... IBT takes me to 85c Which is A TAD hot.... even HyperPI would bring it to 81c... So reseat the CPU cooler or is this just how the early Core I7's run?

In case you're wondering
VT - No
HT - Yes
Speedstep - Yes (I see 4Ghz on single threaded tasks)
IBT - 85c @ 3.8ghz 1.204 vCore
HyperPI 32m - 81c @ as above, 16m 39s average.

for 1.204v @ 85c something is wrong...

what is your ambient? how is the air flow in your case? what about other parts what are the temps?

oc.jpg

Anything else you want to se, tell me want to get, I'll download it.

so it is not airflow problem, i think you should try to reseat your cpu. how did you apply your thermal paste?

Back