C0/C1 revision 920?

rjolin01

[H]ard|Gawd
Recently bought a i7 920 of a guy on graigslist for $80. When I run CPU-z it says it's aC0/C1 chip. What's with the double numbers? I heard of 920 D0 and C0 but not what appears as 2 revision codes together.

Didn't see ES anywhere. Usually it will be after the 920 part if I remember correctly. Will post a screen shot tomorrow if I can.

I have a 920 from Jan 09, it's a C0/C1. Like the above poster said, it's just an "OG" (old) chip, probably from the first run of production 920s.

As the posters above state, it is an older revision than the D0. I got a C0/C1 myself, and it performs nicely if I should say so.

So its still considered a C0 chip? Seems like a good chip regardless.

So its still considered a C0 chip? Seems like a good chip regardless.

Yes it is considered a C0 chip. As for good, it depends. Mine is a C0 (see sig) that's the most i can get out of it and it's toasty and needs a lot of voltage to get there, over 1.4v for 4.0Ghz but then it's going past 90c which i'm not comfortable with. D0 chips are generally are A LOT better, but there are some good C0 chips if you're lucky.

I had a C0 920, one of the first off the retail shelves.

Ran splendidly.
VCore 1.45, BClock 200, 4.2 GHz for it's 3 years in my Classified.
With watercooling never ran over 60C in benchmarks or burnins, 45C in gaming.:D

My C0/C1 is still running nicely - 4GHz with 1.29375 vcore in bios (1.288 on idle and 1.304 on full load). It tops on 70c with two 3k rpm gentle typhoons on my Asus Triton 88. But guess I am a bit lucky with that low vcore.

a C0 is should get you 3.6 to 3.8 without much hassle. D0 should get you 3.8 to 4.0.

Of course there are exceptions but without a lot of tweaking that's what i would expect most to clock at.

for $80 it's a great chip regardless. I would match it with a Bstock evga mobo and one of the newegg ram sales and you could have a very respectable setup for dirt.

Back