C1 Message When Booting

steveak

Weaksauce
Over the past few days I have continually been getting C1 messages when booting up. Sometimes it now takes 5-6 times of turning the computer off and back on before it fires up.

Am running an Abit IP35 Pro, with 2x1 GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers, DDR2 800.

This was my original build from 5 years ago, and it's been rock stable ever since.

The processor is overclocked but the RAM is stock.

In reading up on this C1 issue, it appears to signify failing memory, right?

So, is the fix simply to go get a new pair of memory sticks?

Or, could there be something else going on? The only thing I have done lately is to upgrade my graphics card to an EVGA GTX 650 about 3 weeks ago. Would that be causing this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Yeah it might just be time,

First thing I would do is swap the locations of the ram sticks, if that doesn't work maybe increase the RAM clocks or lower the CPU overclock.

RMA them!!!,
I am on my 4rd RMA on my old set of 2GB that started as awesome dual sided 1000mhz cas3 now its single sided crappy 1000 cas5.
YOU CAN UP THE MEMORY VOLTAGE TO BUY TIME but they will still fail again as they continue to burn out.

Yeah it might just be time,

First thing I would do is swap the locations of the ram sticks, if that doesn't work maybe increase the RAM clocks or lower the CPU overclock.

Thanks. I'll swap the location later today and see if that works.

If not, two sicks of RAM is cheap enough, so I'll just go do that. Given this computer's age, I'll probably go back to stock CPU speed.

Back