Cable Management TT DH101

sdotcarter

Limp Gawd
I recently purchased a DH101 from MC to put my rig into since its used as a tv in my bedroom I wanted something clean. No desktops allowed because of deskspace.

I tried my best to plan ahead by putting the front connectors under the motherboard. It seems like all of my power supply cables are way to long except for the ones going to my video card. The case also has a inline adapter on the atx power cable so you can turn the pc on with the remote. Thats nice but it adds about 6 inches. So if i shorten these I can move my harddrives under my cdrom drive and that would be a huge space saver.

What im wondering is if the best way to correct it would be to cut all my wires down myself. I am planning on keeping the case for awhile because it looks good and im loving the front lcd's functionality. Never attempted such a modification before. Electrical tape good or do i need to get a heat gun and shrink wrap? if so where can these be found?

Pics:
DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

In the 1st pic it looks like those wires are awfully close to that fan. I can't tell in the other pics, but I'd look that over.

Other than that great job & it looks good!

I your talking about chopping out the section of the wires and splicing them back together I would not suggest doing that, a loose connection can really make things difficult.
Get some new pins for the connectors and just shorten the wires to where you want them then crimp on a new pin and plug it back into the connector.
Heres a good place to get the supplies needed to do what your wanting. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php

I wouldn't worry about the front panel/remote wires, just push them under the motherboard to clean them up.

Back