Cali weather....

GJohn

[H]ard|Gawd
I think my comps are gonna melt...its 94+

video card idles at 65C...i am afraid to play games

well.....i'm more worried about melting myself than melting the computer when it gets really hot.

it was around 33C (91 F) during the day several days last week........plus the humidity........every fan in the machine on max, a box fan in the window venting heat out, and a stand fan blowing on me to keep me from dieing.

then again......that kind of heat meant load GPU temps of around 43C and load CPU temps of a whopping 22C so.........i'm maybe taking a bit of a harder hit on the heat myself so my computer stays frosty.

I dont even talk about my self, because i think i already melted..seriously thise few days here in SoCal....its been literally like hell....i miss the cold days :eek:

GJohn said:
I dont even talk about my self, because i think i already melted..seriously thise few days here in SoCal....its been literally like hell....i miss the cold days :eek:

Cali is nuttin compare to Arizona 115+ weather...so stop complaining. ;)

i hear that..... i live in so. cal and this recent heat has not only turned my comp into a room heater, but a HOUSE heater (slight exageration, but u get the point) :p

tell me about it guys. i live in socal too and it's been hell the last few days. my comp idles at 40c and my X1900XT idles at 60c but i'm glad its finally dark out so i can game without worry :D

Gonna install a Evercool vc-re for my chipset and and new Silverstone 120mm on my Big Typhoon because its been too hot in so cal.

down in south OC its been hotter than hell. cpu usally idles aorund 27, today 38/9 yick.

as far as the weather in Arizona, my parents other house is in arizona, we g out there evry ounce in ahwile to check it out. holly shit. i know where you are coming from. you could eassily fry and egg on the sidewalk or cook a chicken on the street

Solar cooking can be fun though :p I'm sure a sheet of aluminum, painted jet black and left out in the sun for a few hours, would get hot enough to fry eggs (or steaks) on.

Im hitting 50 Idle with the side panel off. And with the side panel off hitting 60. Im hoping UPS brings my package so i can change the PSU fans. I cant even play a game for 5 mins before the game shutdowns cause of over heating. And this is not even Summer Summer yet. I dont want the July/Aug weather too come.

My Shuttle's hating this weather. It did a windows shut-down on me twice when playing Oblivion and it's the first time I had the fans spinning at Medium, always kept it at Ultra-Low or Smart FAN keeping the noise at almost nil. X850PE i lovin it too, I was chilling high 80*C all day long! BTW Windows doing a shut down, is that normal? I'm new to the Shuttle and AMD. I have no spyware/virus according to AVG/AdAware

it all makes sense now, overclocking causes global warming which causes overclocking to stop. With all the extra heat gone, global warming creeps to a stop. This eventually leads to everything from ending wars to ending hunger, finally world peace.

/onos

:confused: Do you all not have central air :confused: I live in Florida and I have no problem keeping my clock from the winter to summer, because I keep my room the same temp all year round.

Oh man it's hot up in Nor Cal, I'm glad I switched to watercooling (on my CPUs anyways). My water temperature has gone up 7C. At least the nights are cool...

a have the side of my case open with a fan blowing on it constantly when im gaming to not artifact.
Was almost 100 deg F yesterday in so cal

NorCal by the coast here, been beautiful.

Been 80F in the day and down to like 60F at night. Windows open 24/7, no heat, no AC, nothing but beach days.

I'm in norcal as well. I no longer have my 7800GTX 512s oc'ed anymore. I think the memory is getting too hot on them since I get white flashing dots in blood money when the memory is OC'd. Anyone know a good way to replace the thick white pads so they make better contact with the HS? My Cpu still seems to be good on air though.

peacetilence said:
I'm in norcal as well. I no longer have my 7800GTX 512s oc'ed anymore. I think the memory is getting too hot on them since I get white flashing dots in blood money when the memory is OC'd. Anyone know a good way to replace the thick white pads so they make better contact with the HS? My Cpu still seems to be good on air though.

Use Arctic Silver 5 or Céramique.

Take off your side panel and put a big fan next to it. I had to do that once, and it worked like a charm. The $10 fan was as big as my case, but it didn't make much noise (due to it being so big).

This is why I don't do summer/winter overclocking speeds. :p My component speeds might seem modest to people, but I don't have to mess around when it warms up.

The SoCal heat has been miserable the last few days. It was already 82F at 8am this morning. Last night at midnight it was still 80F outside.

I also live in So Cal, in the valley!!! Currently it's 92F outside right now, and my room reaches 100F. My watercooled CPU went from 31C idle to 43C idle. Load temps from 39C to 50C. I guess im gonna start taking the cover off and put a fan.

is arctic silver 5 safe on memory? Will there be any clearence issues with the GPU because the white pads they use seem really thick. I want to clean them up an AS5 them but I'm not sure if there are any issues with doing something like that.

Just as a sidenote I lived on the oregon coast 3 years and recently moved back to the bay area. these temps are making me feel like i'm too highly oc'ed. 75-80c indoors feels like hell in this house, can't wait until the summer.. the extra pollen is nice as well

peacetilence said:
is arctic silver 5 safe on memory?
No, AS5 is a teeny tiny bit conductive, which means it's not safe at all to use on memory. Use Arctic Ceramique.

S_G said:
No, AS5 is a teeny tiny bit conductive, which means it's not safe at all to use on memory. Use Arctic Ceramique.

Incorrect. It is safe to use on memory as long as you do it right and keep it on the memory chips. I have used it for more than one video card and after it cures it holds those ramsinks on very well. Just be careful and dont rush, and dont get any on the PCB. You will be fine.

Carbon_Le said:
Cali is nuttin compare to Arizona 115+ weather...so stop complaining. ;)

actually if u live near sacramento, the temperatures do get insanely dry and hot during mid summer. It was 117 degrees outside when I was there. Freaking melting literally. And there was still a buncha ppl jogging... :rolleyes:

themanwithnoname said:
actually if u live near sacramento, the temperatures do get insanely dry and hot during mid summer. It was 117 degrees outside when I was there. Freaking melting literally. And there was still a buncha ppl jogging... :rolleyes:

one day perhaps. but arizona is hell. you might as well be on the surface of the sun. its around 115 every day of the summer. as far as the person with the coment about having centrle air. we dont have it beacuse on almost everyday other days besides the last few it is almost always around 75 so there is no reall point. people that live in socal tend to take this for granted. they freack out when it gets below 65 or above 85, myself included
:D

Back