Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360 or PC?

Should I get COD:MW2 for xbox 360 or PC?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 57 19.5%
  • PC

Votes: 235 80.5%

• Total voters

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm undecided what to get this for...

Part of me says get it for Xbox 360 and have the opportunity to play with friends which would be fun since playing in rooms with people you see on a regular basis is always fun.

The other part of me says get it for PC because I can max out the settings no problem as well as not get screwed on paying. Essentially if I go the PC route i'll just buy the game and play. If I go the Xbox 360 route i'll buy the game and then i'll have to pay for DLC and other stuff like that which could make me end up spending an extra $20 or so.

I would get it on PC...but all my friends are going to be playing on 360... so thats how it is.
i'll have to pay for DLC and other stuff
WTF? Have to pay for it? Who's making you?

I would get it on PC...but all my friends are going to be playing on 360... so thats how it is.

If DLC is released for 360, Microsoft will make you pay a small fee, while PC its all free.(normally)

For FPS games i prefer PC.

If DLC is released for 360, Microsoft will make you pay a small fee, while PC its all free.(normally)

For FPS games i prefer PC.

You mean except for stuff like Fallout 3 and Oblivion DLC right?
Your thinking of stuff like TF2 updates.

No he's talking about the map packs.. Which consoles get first but pay 10bux

Obviously no one is making me pay for it...

Since you're not quick enough to understand this i'll break it down for you...

When the game has been around for a bit they will release map packs for it. There's a great chance that Xbox 360 users will have to pay for these extra maps (~$10) where as with PC users this will most likely be free. If you're still a little confused on this simple topic please refer to how this situation played out for COD4.

There will be more server types on the PC, not to mention mods and custom maps.

360. Or in my case, PS3. I feel this game is made for the console. I have played the PC version and it feels very unnatural. Pressing number keys for grenades is one example why this game works better on console version with shoulder buttons. Much like playing Halo on PC, it doesn't work well at all.

360. Or in my case, PS3. I feel this game is made for the console. I have played the PC version and it feels very unnatural. Pressing number keys for grenades is one example why this game works better on console version with shoulder buttons. Much like playing Halo on PC, it doesn't work well at all.

:rolleyes:

I long for the days of cross-platform. Thou shalt eat thy words. :cool:

umm, unnatural? FPS were born on the PC... how natural can you get :p, Precision aiming with the mouse. Grenades are at your fingertips... more players in a server, the ability to pick your own server, favorites, server types, mods, free map packs.. the list goes on, visually better... where do I stop. You pit a Console FPS pro vs a PC fps pro in the same game (if there were cross plat ) and im betting on the PC anyday :)

I have played the console version and it feels retarded trying to scan and aim with the joystick which ruins the whole experience. I bet if you have a PC vs console player the Pc player would run in circles around the console guy and knife him up every single time.

Last edited:

How about remapping your keys to minimize searching for the buttons while playing and you don't have to take your eyes off the screen? That little wheel right next to your fire button can do lots of stuff (like grenades) and you just move your finger 1/2 inch. But if you prefer consoles, that's cool too.

360, hands down. FPS' are better on PC according to PC users, but if you have been to the Infinity Ward forums you would see that the PC people are already talking about boycotting this game for several reasons. The reason I say 360 is because it is the lead platform for this game and will get all the extras, along with first shot at any DLC or other useful stuff that comes down the pipe (patches and such).

360 has the largest user base so they will be catering to that market again.

advantage of xbox 360 vs pc.... xbox has 12 year olds spamming the mic

Obviously no one is making me pay for it...

Since you're not quick enough to understand this i'll break it down for you...

When the game has been around for a bit they will release map packs for it. There's a great chance that Xbox 360 users will have to pay for these extra maps (~$10) where as with PC users this will most likely be free. If you're still a little confused on this simple topic please refer to how this situation played out for COD4.

Oh-ho, someone wants to make personal insults out of this, huh? :rolleyes:

I'm well aware of the differences in content release between PC and console. I was just jumping the gun on the "required to pay for DLC" issue... which in fact is not always true; map packs often come free after a period of time for games like CoD. So really, in the end, your not going to have to pay for the same content that PC gets, your just going to have to wait longer.

Next time, keep the school-yard insults out of (mostly) mature conversation.

Anyone who has a decent enough pc and can play this game on pc shuldnt even consider it for a console.
Fps's are always better on a pc. Unless it's a completely craptastic port which Infinity Ward doesn't do. So far all the cod pc versions have been pretty good ports. So quite simply there's no reason to get a substandard experience on a lolconsole. Yes I'm an a typical pc gaming elitest fucker, and I freely admit it.

Just an fyi.....i own a wii and ps3.

Last edited:

I only play TF2 on PC but it's funny that the majority of games I play have people spamming with music while when I had a 360 I rarely ran into idiots spamming mics. I did have some brutal late night CoD sessions though. Ugh.

360 for me, all my friends will play it and only play on 360.

For me the multiplayer is what always makes a game like this and I will go where my friends are in this case.

Call of Duty is much more console oriented anyways, the controls and play has always felt awkward on a PC (and I am usually a FPS PC fan...I used to be the master in HL2: DM and BF2/SF). It has nothing to do with "how good you are", it just feels clunky on a PC compared to a console.

Quick Mute is awesome, plus a lot of people it is hilarious to get into conversations and arguments with...frankly that is what made some console multiplayer games insanely fun after the game itself wore off (like Halo 2, COD, and Forza).

Playing with friends is better than anything, so get ti for the 360.

I play with friends every night. In fact there is rarely a game I dont play with friends. It's called teamspeak and ventrillo. I have a teamspeak server with alot of friends/clanmates for the past 5 years that I pay for. I also can hop on any number of other friends ts/vent servers at any time and game with other friends. I don't need xblive nonsense when what I have available on the PC is better and more abundant. Everything xblive can do i can do on the PC only better, thats a fact. Try it sometime.

I play with friends every night. In fact there is rarely a game I dont play with friends. It's called teamspeak and ventrillo. I have a teamspeak server with alot of friends/clanmates for the past 5 years that I pay for. I also can hop on any number of other friends ts/vent servers at any time and game with other friends. I don't need xblive nonsense when what I have available on the PC is better and more abundant. Everything xblive can do i can do on the PC only better, thats a fact. Try it sometime.

Thats definitely the way to go... if all your friends are PC gamers as well. Face is, more people have consoles than gaming-class computers. :(

Easy choice.

1. Better controls imo.
2. Free DLC.
3. Ability to pick my own server.

IMO the game is much more fun playing with friends. I was always an FPS on PC first guy until CoD4 came out (except halo of course). Honestly, CoD4 plays very well on the 360. Personally I found the controls on the 360 to be pretty intuitive, and you get used to them very quickly. Sure, you might be able to aim more precisely on PC, so you might have a slightly higher K: D ratio; you might be able to max out the visuals and have it look amazing, and you might even get some free DLC down the road. However, the real value of a GAME is the amount of FUN you have playing it in the end. I'd be willing to bet that you'll have much more fun playing with all of your friends online than you would if you were basically the only one that had it on PC. I made the decision to get CoD4 for the 360 when it came out for the same reason, and I never once felt like I made the wrong choice.

The problem is that for most people, their REAL LIFE friends play on 360. I'm going to end up buying both again so I can play with friends (360) and also play a real game (PC)

No the problem is that most people don't realize that with a small investment into a decent video card their averagec2d/c2q desktop dell is just fine to play just about any game at medium resolutions pretty maxed out. So instead they play console games on their expensive tv's ONLY. There's a whole world on the PC (gaming wise) that most coach potatoe console gamers have no idea that if the only were shown would be amazed at.

I have been gaming on the PC since 1994 and there in lies the reason I know so many pc gamers in all generes of gaming. I can jump into a community at any given moment and play 1 of prolly 3 or 4 mmo's, at least 8-10 fps's, 2 or 3 rts's. All people I know in one way or another.

Great, good for you, does not change that for a lot of us most of our real life friends play on consoles cause it is more mainstream.

I have tried conviencing some to go to the PC side, but the masses still are on the console side. COD4 has almost double the number of players on the console vs. the PC right now.

U
Great, good for you, does not change that for a lot of us most of our real life friends play on consoles cause it is more mainstream.

I have tried conviencing some to go to the PC side, but the masses still are on the console side. COD4 has almost double the number of players on the console vs. the PC right now.

Lol ok.

Wow so one game has more people playing it on the 360 than the pc, grats.

Now let's talk about how many current and old games are still widly popular and played every day on the pc. The 360 has what 3 or 4 popular games that still have active servers with people playing? Give me a break dude. You can't compare those kind of stats.

Look, if you wanna say your gonna buy it for the 360 cause all you friends will be playing it there then fine but don't make it like its the superior platform and offers the superior gaming experience, because then I will call bullshit on you my man.

Just a little footnote to all you people going around saying you play on xblive cause that's wwwere your friends are. If you never attempt to play a popular game on the pc you will never have any pc gamer friends to play with and will forever be doomed to play on that fixed platform. Yes I said doomed and I mean it heh.

PC for the win. I actually liked CoD WaW on the PC, and MW2 won't be an exception, especially with the new influx of players.

Back