Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - Multiplayer World Premiere

Not surprising people are hating on it. They took a game with a big community of mappers and modders, not to mention the tens of thousands of people who loved all that new free content, and they arbitrarily destroyed it. Every single major change to the COD franchise from vCod onwards was originally tested by modders and then later incorporated by IW into their games. Everything from cookable grenades to kill streaks.

So now you get a game with small locked down servers. The COD series is regressing, not progressing.

I may be wrong but didn't they alway rip BO before running out and buying 6 trillion copies of it? lol!

I don't care, I love Modern Warfare. I realize that Battlefield 3 will probably be a better tactical game. But nothing touches MW for military run and guns.

After Activision removed dedicated servers, mods, 64 player matches, I stopped buying their games. Moved on to Battlefield and World of Tanks.

people will buy it. doesnt mean its gonna be a great game. preordered BF3 :)

This game looks like shit, and this time I don't mean the gameplay, the graphics are almost insulting, and it will be $60 again.

Talk about blood from a stone.

Curious but is there anything new in Modern Warfare 3? All I see on the wikipedia page that it'll have dedicated servers and something similar to zombies. Other than that is this just basically running on the same engine as MW2? I say that because those graphics look terrible.

Curious but is there anything new in Modern Warfare 3? All I see on the wikipedia page that it'll have dedicated servers and something similar to zombies. Other than that is this just basically running on the same engine as MW2? I say that because those graphics look terrible.

sad part is, MW2 graphics are better than BO, IMO. On both my xbox and my PC.

Wow... I have played COD since COD 1 and 2 on the computer back then and LOVED every COD sense the beginning and have every single version of the game since hen but this look horrible I usually play on the Xbox but ever since I saw preview for bf3 im starting to piece together parts to build a BA computer rig to play it on. I mean once I saw the graphics for BF3 everything looks crappy heck even BO looks better graphic wise then this!!

Meh.

I just watched the whole video, and all I can say is that it looks just like every other CoD since CoD4:MW with a few new perks and guns. I know people will still buy this game by the millions, but going based off the videos we've seen, BF3 blows this out of the water.

I'm not one to typically defend Call of Duty (haven't played one since the first Modern Warfare), but FFS, you can't determine graphics fidelity from a YouTube video.

Normally I would hate on a game like this, but I can't.

Look at black ops for example. The graphics are terrible, worse than MW2. The game was and still is filled with bugs. Only problem is when I go for a multiplayer shooter, its almost always COD.

Why do I play this game when there are plenty of better options when it comes to graphics and game engines? Maybe because the COD franchise has the largest fanbase, maybe they found the "secret ingredient" for a multiplayer shooter, or maybe I am just stupid. I honestly don't know the right answer. All I do know is that when I play COD online I have fun.

Sure I will end up buying BF3 for PC. The graphics, game engine, and realism overall has MW3 beat hands down. I can guarantee though that I will end up spending more hours on MW3. We can argue forever on here about which game is superior. At the end of the day, I just have more fun playing the COD series. Unfortunately Activision knows that. They know that they can make minor updates to their existing games and get me to shell out my money year after year. I hate it, but I need my COD fix. COD is my black tar heroine, and Activision is my dealer.

There is always hate for things at the top.

Things go in cycles. It used to be we would worship things on top. God, leaders, winners, parents.

Now the it has cycled to worshiping those at the bottom. The Devil, small parties, uinderdogs, losers.

I HATE COD. I love BF, well, until it becomes #1. Then I will hate it too.

I'm not one to typically defend Call of Duty (haven't played one since the first Modern Warfare), but FFS, you can't determine graphics fidelity from a YouTube video.

So you dont think there is a difference between BF3 youtube video and this youtube video?

Im pretty sure you can get a sense of how the graphics are going to be and you can tell that MW3 has done nothing in that area of the game.

It's just the trendy haters, hating, also the competition. People are addicted to games, they will buy their crack.

Like in the past it will hit 1 million or whatever copies sold in x amount of time.

Things go in cycles. It used to be we would worship things on top. God, leaders, winners, parents.

Now the it has cycled to worshiping those at the bottom. The Devil, small parties, uinderdogs, losers.

I'm fairly certain the majority of the people here can't wait for BF3 because they enjoyed BF2 so much when it was #1. We don't dislike MW because it's popular, we dislike it because it was good and popular, and the developer responded by releasing shittier and shittier versions every year.

LOL LOL and LOL, I could not even finish watching that trailer, that crap looks like it belongs on Playstation 2, hahaha I feel sorry for COD followers getting yet another rushed copy of a has been of a game. Have fun while were stomping ass in BF3

Not surprising people are hating on it. They took a game with a big community of mappers and modders, not to mention the tens of thousands of people who loved all that new free content, and they arbitrarily destroyed it. Every single major change to the COD franchise from vCod onwards was originally tested by modders and then later incorporated by IW into their games. Everything from cookable grenades to kill streaks.

So now you get a game with small locked down servers. The COD series is regressing, not progressing.

Um, practically this whole post can be leveled against BF3/BC2 as well, more or less word for word.

A lot of the outcry against the MW series is just public perception amongst the PC gaming community, which never recovered after MW2. Just the way it is really.

Yawn, another MW2 "mod" of the same tired old game engine for 6 year old outdated,and obsolete game systems (Xbox360,PS3) But 10 million 13 year-olds screaming to their mommies for this crap will zap this cash cow back to life yet again.

Activision, doing for the shooter genre what EA does for the sports genre. $60 roster updates ...

$110 roster updates, if you consider the extra $50 elite service for the DLC.

God I hate Activision.

So you're a hipster? :confused:

Just looks like theyve taken some things from MW and MW2 and slapped them together in this game for Multi at least. Some of the models and sounds etc are definattely from previous games and don;t even look like theyve been improved much at all, this vid shows a javelin launcher being used in MW3, just looks and sounds like the older version in MW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Z80aSuv0k&feature=player_embedded#!

I think this picture says it all

modernwarfareboycott.jpg

The sad part is that probably most of the dislikes on that video are just the BF guys trolling COD just like they do on this site, lol.

The sad part is that probably most of the dislikes on that video are just the BF guys trolling COD just like they do on this site, lol.

I was thinking basically the same thing. Day 1 video stats won't mean much with the amount of BF3/MW3 trolling going on these days.

They can clearly do better, but honestly what incentive do they have. They will sell this game by the MILLIONS!!! There are like 20 Million 13 year olds watching this video and begging their parents to up their allowance so they can save up for it. The sad truth is until one of their games flop they will not increase the graphics. Rumor is that there will be dedicated servers. Hopefully the reviews reflect what gamers feel about this type of dated graphics and arcadey twitch gameplay.

Meh Infinity Ward... MEH!!

They can clearly do better, but honestly what incentive do they have. They will sell this game by the MILLIONS!!! There are like 20 Million 13 year olds watching this video and begging their parents to up their allowance so they can save up for it. The sad truth is until one of their games flop they will not increase the graphics. Rumor is that there will be dedicated servers. Hopefully the reviews reflect what gamers feel about this type of dated graphics and arcadey twitch gameplay.

Meh Infinity Ward... MEH!!

If I ever asked my parents for a video game... I'd be smacked, lol. Come to think of it, I've bought all of them myself :( (well, now I have a lot of other things to pay...)

MW3 is just fine (its not really bad), but BF3 is way better imo,but MW3 honestly doesnt deserve the trashing its having. we know we know, boycott the game because there is are no dedicated servers on "MW2", we get it :)

This game looks like shit, and this time I don't mean the gameplay, the graphics are almost insulting, and it will be $60 again.

Talk about blood from a stone.

CS:S looks like shit people still play that. Minecraft looks like pure shit and people love that. Who plays cod for graphics? Even in BO it makes more sense to turn them down and make all the flashy stuff be turned off so its easier to kill people.

CS:S looks like shit people still play that. Minecraft looks like pure shit and people love that. Who plays cod for graphics? Even in BO it makes more sense to turn them down and make all the flashy stuff be turned off so its easier to kill people.

You're a comparing a Source Engine game and a Java game.. I'm not going to explain your incompetence.

You're a comparing a Source Engine game and a Java game.. I'm not going to explain your incompetence.

I think your missing the point. People still love both games even if the graphics aren't great. Cod hasn't been an omg amazing grafixxxxx game since mw1. I don't get why everyone is expecting it to suddenly have crysis graphics. And if you compete graphics don't matter, you actual want them to be shitty so you can make out enemies easier.

I'll bet a million bucks that this game will sell better than bf3 (or really any other game on the planet lol). ;)

After Activision removed dedicated servers, mods, 64 player matches, I stopped buying their games. Moved on to Battlefield and World of Tanks.

No mods in BF3 either... :(

Also no LAN play, which is sad.

Back