Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III $29.99 http://www.developoxstore.com/

The game will have Russian as it's official language and is restricted to Russian Region by default. But it can be activated worldwide by us, using our VPN (Russian ip) or you can do it yourself, that's if you have a vpn or some other method.

Deal breaker. I can read russian.......just don't know what the hell it means!

all these Hot Deals popping up recently from shady websites and places selling CD keys from Nigeria etc...we need to re-focus this section to 'Legit Hot Deals from a reputable website'

I don't care how cheap it is I'm not buying from questionable sites

Hmm, then may be i should close this thread. All though they are 100% legit, it may cause a suspended account on steam.

all these Hot Deals popping up recently from shady websites and places selling CD keys from Nigeria etc...we need to re-focus this section to 'Legit Hot Deals from a reputable website'

I don't care how cheap it is I'm not buying from questionable sites

Not all sites are fake/shady, but they're few and far between... I know a few in particular that are fantastic and have used them for years. Random ones like this... and steam keys in general... stay away.

Not all sites are fake/shady, but they're few and far between... I know a few in particular that are fantastic and have used them for years. Random ones like this... and steam keys in general... stay away.

well, this site is not random, i bough crysis, and other call of duty games, battle field series etc from this website last 2 years. Never had problem, i also recommended them to friends etc, and all are happy. First time i saw the russian thingy here, so i cant make a comment on that.

they did release a english language pack you gotta remove all the russian ones from the game files or rename them and add in the files.

I agree there are legit sites as well but sometimes it's difficult to weed out the fakes...I'd rather have peace of mind and pay the extra $20 versus waking up one day and finding my Steam account banned

Not worth it.

MWIII even at $10 is not worth it and it being from a Russian site just makes it worse.

and steam keys in general... stay away.

Wow, I really like using steam to manage my whole library of games from one interface and I really like buying steam keys from the humble indie bundles. I don't like buying things from eastern Europe or China because that's where most scams seem to come from.

These are not "legit" keys. They are grey market keys which are sold at substantial discounts in certain regions where piracy is rampant, or people can't afford to pay retail for games. These keys are meant for sale in those regions, and THOSE REGIONS ONLY. The publisher or content provider has every right to suspend your account for purchasing these keys and using them outside of the intended area.

I apologize for the rant, I'm just tired of these threads popping up with people claiming these sites are "100% legit" when they are clearly abusing the system. If you really want to risk your steam account and all of the games on it, then go right ahead.

Here is some more info on the subject:
http://www.lawsofplay.com/articles/the-problem-with-grey-market-games/

Wow, I really like using steam to manage my whole library of games from one interface and I really like buying steam keys from the humble indie bundles. I don't like buying things from eastern Europe or China because that's where most scams seem to come from.
Not talking steam, just cheap steam keys from any non-fully-normal site..... read what was said please.

Last edited:
These are not "legit" keys. They are grey market keys which are sold at substantial discounts in certain regions where piracy is rampant, or people can't afford to pay retail for games. These keys are meant for sale in those regions, and THOSE REGIONS ONLY. The publisher or content provider has every right to suspend your account for purchasing these keys and using them outside of the intended area.

I apologize for the rant, I'm just tired of these threads popping up with people claiming these sites are "100% legit" when they are clearly abusing the system. If you really want to risk your steam account and all of the games on it, then go right ahead.

Here is some more info on the subject:
http://www.lawsofplay.com/articles/the-problem-with-grey-market-games/
I have had several of these sort of keys in my library for years. To date I haven't lost a buck or had a single account locked.

You preach like chicken little.:rolleyes:

My defense in case the day ever happens. Someone bought the game for me while on vacation or I bought it while on vacation. What's the difference? I highly doubt that the cachier at the electronics store in said country will ask where I live or tend to use my product.

I have had several of these sort of keys in my library for years. To date I haven't lost a buck or had a single account locked.

You preach like chicken little.:rolleyes:

My defense in case the day ever happens. Someone bought the game for me while on vacation or I bought it while on vacation. What's the difference? I highly doubt that the cachier at the electronics store in said country will ask where I live or tend to use my product.
I'm not preaching, just making sure people know what they are buying. I'm sure many people are fine using these keys, but the bottom line is they aren't "legit" like most people who use these sites claim. You can lie all you want to customer service, but they know where the key is from.

Typically, I have no issue buying from these sites. Obviously the developers have issue with this as they want to maximize their returns by getting the most money out of each person buying their product. Given the differing markets across regions, if certain regions attempted to sell MW3 for $60, they would not move many copies. Therefore, this arbitrage opportunity exists to buy legit keys from one region at a cheaper price and sell them in a different region for more.

I have used several different sites like this for different games and have had zero issues. All keys are actual steam (or EA equivalent for example) keys. However, there is a) always a risk that someone will get pissed and your account could have issues, or b) you need to manually "fix" your game when a patch etc comes out (e.g. If you have a Russian version, but want it in English, you will need to overwrite the Russian language files with English equivalents, which can be a little tedious, and sometimes need to install Russian versions of certain files when patches are released). I did this for MW2 and it's not really a big deal, but is something to think about for a $20 ish saving.

I know all about the defenses some people have of these sites, but people should probably be aware that these sites DO sometimes steal keys, and there is proof out there. There was a big thing on NeoGAF about it, and linking to these sites over there is now a bannable offense.

If it's not because of the possibility of stolen keys (in addition to cheap bought copies), it's that these things have all kinds of issues with DLC, languages, extra download packs, and the need to do piracy-like things just to get the game to a state like you'd get it here. At any point, Steam, Origin, or other digital delivery services could close your accounts and remove your access to a lot more than the one game you saved like twenty bucks on. Sure, getting the language packs and the like has generally worked so far, but there's no guarantee it'll continue. People have already gotten burned, and they'll continue to.

I recommend a similar course of action here at [H] that's similar to what NeoGAF did, and obviously just word filtering site names isn't going to cut it..

I know all about the defenses some people have of these sites, but people should probably be aware that these sites DO sometimes steal keys, and there is proof out there. There was a big thing on NeoGAF about it, and linking to these sites over there is now a bannable offense.

If it's not because of the possibility of stolen keys (in addition to cheap bought copies), it's that these things have all kinds of issues with DLC, languages, extra download packs, and the need to do piracy-like things just to get the game to a state like you'd get it here. At any point, Steam, Origin, or other digital delivery services could close your accounts and remove your access to a lot more than the one game you saved like twenty bucks on. Sure, getting the language packs and the like has generally worked so far, but there's no guarantee it'll continue. People have already gotten burned, and they'll continue to.

I recommend a similar course of action here at [H] that's similar to what NeoGAF did, and obviously just word filtering site names isn't going to cut it..

I understand why GAF would ban people for it, but I like H's general approach. The mods have left the discussions go in the Discussion area, but they seem to keep an eye on it and look for problem sites. For the most part the users here know enough not to use them without asking if others have experience.

Back