Calling Dell a few times a day,why?, so they can begin to sell AMD rigs.

Catsonar

[H]ard|Gawd
Hahahaha, it is so fun to call and just mess around with them. Well I have really just been calling pretending to be a potential customer but then slam them with the big question," Yea i would like to order an XPS with the AMD Athlon64", then there's a moment of silence,hahaha and they answer with." sorry sir but we do not carry AMD processors, but would you be intrested in a P4 processor?", I say, " NOPE" then ask them to tell head of managment that I would buy a computer if they suppported AMD Processors. Hahaha, well just doing this for those ppl who are loyal Dell customer cause I'm sure not, but Dell customers should have the right to have better performing CPUs for less than a P4.Now the reason for me doing this? well the other day casually bored I was looking through benchies and one in particular caught my eye, 3.4EE with 1066FSB was barely beating( and I mean by one or two points) a Athlon64 3000+. Then I searched for a price on both platforms and they were ridiculous, i think the EE was like a grand, while the 3000+ 939 was like $180 bucks, OMG :eek:. I have also been reading lately over at the inquirer.net the on going story of Dell being pressured now to begin making AMD based systems. So when I saw the benchies and prices I was like " I gotta help in this effort", (sarcastic yes, but hey Dell has great service and support and build a system for someone for dirt cheap). So here i am helping convert Dell into building AMD rigs too, for there are thousandds out there that don't know the ridiculous amount of money there spending on a dell P4 setup( or Celeron) yet for even cheaper they can get better performance.

Don't you think, comments or your opinion is greatly appreciated.

PS: Oh and call Dell, its for a good cause, hahah and fun too. :D

Dell don't care about their home customers. Its businesses they make their cash from.

They'll only sell AMD CPUs to big companies who demand Opteron processors.

Dell will never sell AMDs in desktop PCs coz *ntel would stop giving them huge discounts period. :(

Stevo said:
Dell don't care about their home customers. Its businesses they make their cash from.

Dell will never sell AMDs in desktop PCs coz *ntel would stop giving them huge discounts period. :(

Ok, good point, but don't you think that dell would ake even more money with AMD based systems? and you said that there is a Demand for opterons( i should have spoken about that too cause I read about that also, would have made my point a lot better) but you see there is a demand out there for AMD. But doesn't dell make a bigger profit on customers(desktops).

Simple fact is that the Amd cpus are only better at gameing.... in every other area of computer tasks the intel cpu is better. So what makes you think amd is better than intel ? kinda silly

Shane said:
Simple fact is that the Amd cpus are only better at gameing.... in every other area of computer tasks the intel cpu is better. So what makes you think amd is better than intel ? kinda silly
u might wanna reread the article about the FX55 and the 4000+ and see when intel wins and i believe it was only content creation.

o yeah i think ill start doing it too cuz @ my guard unit we only use dells.

The moment of silence is when their database cross-refs your phone number and displays that you've called dell 22 times asking for a AMD proc. During that silence they are thinking

"Fuck... this asshole is calling again. How can I get rid of him as fast as possible"

Screwing with inbound telemarketers is fair game... but thoes people are there to help potential customers. Not your whiney ass.

Catsonar said:
Hahahaha, it is so fun to call and just mess around with them. Well I have really just been calling pretending to be a potential customer but then slam them with the big question,".....

k, i got a question...

DO YOU HAVE A LIFE???

If you do then i would seriously consider an upgrade. :p

And why were you looking at the price point for the 3.4EE? You can get a 3.0c or 3.0E for the same price as a A64 3000+ so the A64's are not exactly cheap in comparison to the Pentium 4's like AMD processors were in the Athlon XP times.

Well, personally I have to agree with... "Do you have a life?" It doesn't seem like it if you are willing to call Dell over and over again for this reason. AMD would be in better shape if Dell started to distribute their PCs with AMD based systems. BUT calling some poor customer sales person, or support person to ask for an AMD system over and over again is a waste of their time and yours.

Dell doesn't have AMD, so move on and live a real life.

Oh yeah, and to the guy who said that AMD was behind on all benchmarks except for like one? Where did you go Toms Hardware? Or did you just dyslexic? And read the benchmarks backwards? Because Intel is behind on all but 1 as stated above.

:rolleyes: Another Intel vs AMD thread.

I agree though that Dell should give their customers a choice between AMD or Intel for home lines. The only real differences they would have to make are a motherboard for the AMD64 and the proc. Everything else can remain the exact same spec. It's not like they give their customers a choice of motherboards so what's a new motherboard stock for A64 based systems?

OK for those wanting to shit in threads cause maybe THEY HAVE NO LIFE AND DO JUST THAT, F off, I'm just building upon what I think over the whole Dell thing with AMD. And as for the smartass remarks about" oh the silence is just them checking if your calling back" look man tons of ppl are doing this not just me, I clearly stated that I read about in the Inquirer. And I call to order a computer not tie up the service and support line, idiot!!! And its a gradual thing throught that day not every five minutes, and I have a different operator in each occassion. See they record the calls, i can care less if there busy searching my background ( investigating), as long as they get the message then I'm good. I would hang up then but that would just be rude, and I'm nice to them throught the whole thing. Now as for the guy that said, why was I comparing an EE to 3000+, first of all its sad that a 3000+, designed to compete with the 3.0 P4( which it beats) can also come within a few points(hell within margin of error) of an EE. For the price( if more ppl knew about it) the 3000+ hands down would be the way to go. Plz I ask to just keep to the subject about the whole Dell and them maybe selling AMD soon, and the Bang for the buck that one gets out of AMD, your an Fing this or that. Thx you

ShepsCrook said:
Well, personally I have to agree with... "Do you have a life?" It doesn't seem like it if you are willing to call Dell over and over again for this reason. AMD would be in better shape if Dell started to distribute their PCs with AMD based systems. BUT calling some poor customer sales person, or support person to ask for an AMD system over and over again is a waste of their time and yours.

Dell doesn't have AMD, so move on and live a real life.

Oh yeah, and to the guy who said that AMD was behind on all benchmarks except for like one? Where did you go Toms Hardware? Or did you just dyslexic? And read the benchmarks backwards? Because Intel is behind on all but 1 as stated above.

Dude I cal really when ever I have a chance in the day, just for the hell of it. But I do agree with what you said about the benchies, Intel is behind except in one( which I believe was MPEG 4 encoding, which intel did outperform the 64). I love my life being in the Navy serving my country to protect your asses, even if you make fun of me for just an opinion or not having a life. If I ever have to go to war,I'll make sure to think of you to keep me going, pfffff :eek:

Oh, and before you make any comments like some of us don't serve and pretect, you might want too leave out comments like serving the country to prove a point.

And just to let you know, I'm not in an Armed force. But I am a firefighter, "I risk my life to protect your asses" as you so pleasantly put it along with your families asses as well. So please do not start the "risking your life stuff (If you get sent off to war) stuff."

u all missread my post... on the hard review it shows the P4 only wining the content creation benthmark. the rest went to the 4000+ or the FX 55

Catsonar said:
But I do agree with what you said about the benchies, Intel is behind except in one( which I believe was MPEG 4 encoding, which intel did outperform the 64). I love my life being in the Navy serving my country to protect your asses, even if you make fun of me for just an opinion or not having a life. If I ever have to go to war,I'll make sure to think of you to keep me going, pfffff :eek:
damn chill out dude soon as im out of my tech school for the air force i bet im off to iraqi. while u get to chill on a boat on the ocean ill be dodging mortar fire.

I don't want to really get involved in the reasoning behind this argument for calling up Dell an insane amount of times, but one thing that many people ignore is that AMD does not have the production capacity of Intel for Dell to all of a sudden just one day start selling AMDs by the truckload. Intel has been manufacturing for many many years and by comparison AMD doesn't have the same resources they do to produce.

ALL4AMD said:
u might wanna reread the article about the FX55 and the 4000+ and see when intel wins and i believe it was only content creation.

o yeah i think ill start doing it too cuz @ my guard unit we only use dells.

hmm.. and how much do those processors cost? i doubt the average consumer will spend more on the processor then the rest of the comp. For gamers maybe but then again not everyone has the cash to dish out

Catsonar said:
Now as for the guy that said, why was I comparing an EE to 3000+, first of all its sad that a 3000+, designed to compete with the 3.0 P4( which it beats) can also come within a few points(hell within margin of error) of an EE. For the price( if more ppl knew about it) the 3000+ hands down would be the way to go.

Its completely ignorant to say one processor beats another unless your the person using the machine and that processor is faster then the other processor for what you use the machine. Only a percentage of PC's are used for gaming and gaming is one of the few areas the Athlon 64's have a real advantage because of the low latency on-die memory controller. At stock speeds, a 3.0c vs a 3000+ is around 50/50, 60/40, 40/60 in terms of benchmarks in the majority of reviews and the ratio changes according to which site you visit and the type of benchmarks they run.

One area that the Pentium 4 continues to dominate in is multitasking and the A64 will never be able to multitask as fast as the Pentium 4 until it has an integrated feature like HyperThreading or until we see dual core processors some time next year.

For the most part, if your a gamer the A64 is your best choice and if your into productivity software or encodeing and things of that nature then the Pentium 4 will be a better option.

Catsonar said:
I love my life being in the Navy serving my country to protect your asses, even if you make fun of me for just an opinion or not having a life. If I ever have to go to war,I'll make sure to think of you to keep me going, pfffff :eek:

Where the hell did this come from ?

Either a redirect of attention from how stupid you sound wasting some person's time over a friggen processor... or attention to yourself so we dont come down on you for sounding like an idiot.

So you dont think Im some "non-supporter" I have served 12 years and never have I used it for some attention gig like you are. yeah, I defended your right to sound like an ass right then.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

All I wanna know is what # you called and actually talked to a human. Back when the $750 coupon was going on I wanted to talk to a CSR but was always on hold for 30+ minutes...

the dell issue is an easy one. intel has more money than amd=intel gives alot of money to dell for promotions, dells gets intel cpus for cheap, and first dibs to new processors and technologies.

will dell risk all of that to sell amd cpus...no, i wouldnt do it. it wont happen, at least not yet...dell's comments about amd, is an ace under the table, they use every now and then to remind intel that they need to keep them happy, nothing more than that.......

the dell situation is funny to many people look at it in a spiritual way, and it isnt, this is business, and in business, making money is what it is all about. and in selling whats percieve as better is what count, no what is actually better.....

thelostrican said:
the dell issue is an easy one. intel has more money than amd=intel gives alot of money to dell for promotions, dells gets intel cpus for cheap, and first dibs to new processors and technologies.

will dell risk all of that to sell amd cpus...no, i wouldnt do it. it wont happen, at least not yet...dell's comments about amd, is an ace under the table, they use every now and then to remind intel that they need to keep them happy, nothing more than that.......

the dell situation is funny to many people look at it in a spiritual way, and it isnt, this is business, and in business, making money is what it is all about. and in selling whats percieve as better is what count, no what is actually better.....

awesome opinion man, point well taken. :)

Everyone repeat after me. The only reason you want AMD on Dell platforms is because you want "Hot Deals" like you see with the P4 systems. Problem is, you're gonna want enthusiast features on the board, and you won't get it with Dell.

I got a 400SC for $290 a few months back. for the $, it was a steal and a 1/2 and then some. 875 chipset, no OC options though, but it runs, its stable and its so dead quiet.

Thats why I bought it. If you have any other reason to think that AMD on Dell would = overclockers delite, then you might as well just jump in the lake with bricks on your feet, it won't happen.

Would I love to see the option? Sure I would, because competition is good. But in Dell's stable, AMD wouldn't compete for the simple fact Intel undercuts prices for chips to Dell so much, that AMD couldn't reasonably do it, and stand to benefit from the joining of powers.

Ummm no. The only reason I want AMD to get support from Dell is because I'd like to see AMD do better because they are a great company that make quality chips but don't have their names out in the marketplace because they don't advertise. If they had a large company backing them, the average consumer would know about AMD and the benefits of using their chips.

NOT because of "Hot Deals" Like you seem to think.

Hehe I just called Dell and did the same act as you did and I got the same responce from them as well. :D :D

I just find it amazing you get through to Dell tech support. And it seems like you get to talk to someone who knows English. That is a double wowzer!

ShepsCrook said:
And just to let you know, I'm not in an Armed force. But I am a firefighter, "I risk my life to protect your asses" as you so pleasantly put it along with your families asses as well. So please do not start the "risking your life stuff (If you get sent off to war) stuff."

You know, in today's political climate, I feel that a firefighter protects me and my interests more than some enlisted soldier who fights the rich man's war for him.

Shane said:

Not really.

Athlons win at compiling, serving webpages and databases, gaming, and lots more that I am forgetting. They have an excellent all-around design, and perform well in pretty much all areas. Even when they concede a benchmark to the P4, it never loses by much. This is important to me, as I don't always perform the exact same functions with my PC. I often game, then code, then surf the net, then code some more, play a few more games, then burn some backups. Even if the P4 were faster by 5% in one of those tasks - who cares? The other nine out of ten tasks are generally equally fast or faster on an Athlon 64.

:)

Anyways, I agree with the poster who said get a life! :D

BakedA|aska said:
You know, in today's political climate, I feel that a firefighter protects me and my interests more than some enlisted soldier who fights the rich man's war for him.

Get off the pot. It'll clear up your head a little. Then go read a history book. :eek:

EricDawg said:
Get off the pot. It'll clear up your head a little. Then go read a history book. :eek:
How exactly is the latter statement relevant; or the former, for that matter? "Get off my crack, and stay off it. That stuff isn't for amateurs. :rolleyes: How heavy is the apple?"

EricDawg said:

You must have missed the part. "You know, in today's political climate," So history books are a moot point in judging current events.

Learn to read and comprehend before you make an ass out of yourself.

Josh_B said:
Not really.

Athlons win at compiling, serving webpages and databases, gaming, and lots more that I am forgetting. They have an excellent all-around design, and perform well in pretty much all areas. Even when they concede a benchmark to the P4, it never loses by much. This is important to me, as I don't always perform the exact same functions with my PC. I often game, then code, then surf the net, then code some more, play a few more games, then burn some backups. Even if the P4 were faster by 5% in one of those tasks - who cares? The other nine out of ten tasks are generally equally fast or faster on an Athlon 64.

:)

Anyways, I agree with the poster who said get a life! :D

Then with what you're saying, who would care about the A64 being 5% faster then the P4?....

ShepsCrook said:
You must have missed the part. "You know, in today's political climate," So history book are a moot point in judging current events.

Learn to read and comprehend before you make an ass out of yourself.
He's not judging current events; merely stating his views. Besides, they are mostly correct. The firefighter protects his interest in not burning alive, while the soldier destroys surplus labor, so that wallstreet can get richer. That's not really his interest. Or, do you really beleive that the "liberation" of Iraq is really what it's being marketed as? The war on terrorism is not meat to be won; but rather maintained.

Stevo said:

I think if this thread was trimed back to a two post thread nothing would be missed.

Holy crap, I thought this thread had died, oh well. Seriously I would really like Dell to begin selling AMD rigs. Now do you think that AMD is up to the demand if Dell were to adapt them or what. I think it would push them to going all 90nm even faster( they still have some 130nm chips selling). What do you think? Thx :)

Catsonar said:
Holy crap, I thought this thread had died, oh well. Seriously I would really like Dell to begin selling AMD rigs. Now do you think that AMD is up to the demand if Dell were to adapt them or what. I think it would push them to going all 90nm even faster( they still have some 130nm chips selling). What do you think? Thx :)
It might happen? as of a few days ago...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/cmp/20041113/tc_cmp/52601469
http://news.designtechnica.com/article5930.html

Back