can any laptops run 2 30"s?

jfish

Limp Gawd
it would need 2 30s and be able to run 5200x1600 res obviously. anything out there? possible with any aftermarket docks?

Or use a Magma expresscard box, where you can install a 2 dual link desktop video card. Can be used on any expresscard laptops.

Asus XG station would work as well, if they ever get here. Supposedly it's already in Australia. I prefer these external boxes rather than the Dell dock since you won't be stuck with that Dell model laptop should you migrate to another laptop. Plus you can swap out video cards, at least on the Magma. There are limitations due to power draw, but already I can see a very easy way to bypass that, just get a seperate power adapter to feed the 4 pin power plugs on the highend video cards.

Connecting the cards via a 1x PCIe slot is going to result in ghastly levels of bottlenecking.

Connecting the cards via a 1x PCIe slot is going to result in ghastly levels of bottlenecking.

Depending on what it is you're doing with those external monitors. I doubt the OP is gaming on dual 30". It is a non issue for non gamers.

Back