can anyone please help me fix this simple problem.

compwarez

Gawd
i dont know why my Vista MCE cannot see my D: drive but my windows explorer can see. is there any way my Vista MCE can see my D: drive.

You mean Media Center cannot see your D: drive?

What kind of a drive is it? You can see it via Computer?

it is Maxtor 300 IDE hd. it can see it from computer and windows explorer.

also what is the best crack program for windows vista?

i just want to know.

Used Tasks -> Settings -> Library Setup to add folders to your Media Center library?

Have you tried Administrative Tools > Computer Management and assign a drive letter to it?

it doesnot matter if you are using crack or not crack version of xp . i am using vista and not xp.

Please answer the guy's question.

I don't think it matters, either, but you never know. And acting like you know more than who you are trying to get help from isn't helping your case.

Wow, I get threatened with banning all the time just because I tell it how it is and yet a guy comes along calling himself compwarez and asking for a Vista crack and he is still here. LIfe just ain't fair. :p

Well, life has never been fair. But I am curious to know if he is using a cracked version of Vista as well..

Not sure if this applies to everyone, but this is what happened to me...

When you install Vista, only the OS Partition drive is visible and functioning. What happened me was that I had to format my other hard drive and assign a letter. It worked then. So if you have data on it then oh dear, put it into a friends XP and copy to an external drive. External drives don't seem to be affected.

This happened to me upgrading from XP to Vista 32. I then went from Vista 32 to 64 without any problems.

Good luck!

also what is the best crack program for windows vista?
The best one I know if is a little trick that involves putting a legit serial number into Vista. Then, you're "cracked" and don't have to worry about a thing!

Crack warning has already been given in this thread. I think we can move on.

Thank you.

Not sure if this applies to everyone, but this is what happened to me...

When you install Vista, only the OS Partition drive is visible and functioning. What happened me was that I had to format my other hard drive and assign a letter. It worked then. So if you have data on it then oh dear, put it into a friends XP and copy to an external drive. External drives don't seem to be affected.

This happened to me upgrading from XP to Vista 32. I then went from Vista 32 to 64 without any problems.

Good luck!

i use disk management to format drive and it automatic assign the drive for me.

i use disk management to format drive and it automatic assign the drive for me.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you aren't going to get much help if you ignore questions that were asked of you.

It's been asked three times if you are using an activated/legal version of Windows.

sorry, i am using legal Windows Vista.

Thanks, a question that comes to mind is why you were asking about cracked Vista, then...

Anyways, back to the problem. Did you try Catweazle's suggestion?

Used Tasks -> Settings -> Library Setup to add folders to your Media Center library?

Are you running Media Center as Administrator? Might as well try it, there COULD be some permission stuff involved, although I doubt it. It would at least eliminate that possibility ;)

Back