Can Aria's PSU support my PC parts?

noypi86

Limp Gawd
Im planning on replacing my mid tower with an Aria, but im worried that it might not be able to power all my parts.

What im planning to have in it is...

Asus Micro ATX mobo
AMD 146 (OC'd to 2.8)
1x160GB WD SATA
2x300GB Seagate SATA
EVGA 7800GT CO
CD/DVD/LightScribe Burner

You guys think the 300 is enough?

For parts like these i would usually use at least 400+ watts

All that? No way. Heat alone is going to be a problem, unless you plan to do some modding.

I'd say the max an ARIA's PSU could do would be AMD @ 2.5GHz, high end vid card (not highest), and 1, maybe 2 hard drives. It's far better than your average spec'd 300w PSU, but it is has it's limitations. It's possible it could do more, that was just my experience.

Hmmm yeah....

I'll probably try to go down and use a 6600GT and 1x500gb instead, that might do well

Yeah, I was trying to find that one...it actually estimates a little high...so keep that in mind. I think you are ok with 1 HD.

Well my system would shutdown with an overclock on the CPU above 2.5GHz, while using an OC'd X850XT, 1GB and 1 x 15K hard drive. That should give you an idea.

probably got too hot. I doubt that would suck up 300Watts...i'm only using 150watts with the same kinda setup plus a sound card.

Last I checked, I still remembered how to overclock. It didn't get too hot.

with one hard drive you should have no problem.with 2 performance would become a question. I would strongly recomend against 3,if it would power it heat would be a prob.
I have one drive and an older card in mine and took out all the front headers and added a 80mm fan never seen cpu temps above 38.

i was wonderinf the same stuff....evga sli board with a 7600gt or 7800gt and 512x2 pc3200..1 sata 120gig and a 3200 winchester...can u reaplce that psu?

Back