Can Asus Maximus Formula/Rampage Function Properly Inverted?

Blk02

Limp Gawd
Can the Asus Maximus Formula/Rampage function properly inverted with its heat pipe design? It looks like the boards heat pipes might be designed for a standard layout. I want to use the Lian Li V1200 case, but I don't want to increase my temps 5-10C because I am using a case that is not designed for a modern motherboard.

This article explains how a reviewer had to remove the heat pipes on a Asus MB in order for it to work properly with the inverted case layout of the Lian Li V1200
http://www.theclenchedfist.com/uploads/forums/2006_pc_build_865.pdf

Let me know if anyone has had a response from Asus on this subject.

Thanks

No but Maverick can do a 4g negative dive while inverted....sorry man I couldn't resists..

Not sure what you are asking? Why don't you pull the stock cooling off. Or buy a new case / mod existing case.

I want to say they stopped using wicked heatpipes a while back, so it should work fine inverted, but the only way to know for sure is talking to ASUS or someone who's been running that setup for a while.

make sure to have an internal fan (92/120mm) blowing across the motherboard. Also maybe epoxy a small heatsink on top of the chipset location?

I would just replace the heatpipes with Thermalright heatsinks. I found that the stock cooling sucks.

Back