Can Eyefinity or NV Surround work with Portrait/Landscape/Portrait?

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
Can Eyefinity or NV Surround work with Portrait/Landscape/Portrait?

If I want to do one of the common setups with a 30" monitor in the middle in landscape flanked by smaller monitors in portrait mode on the side, are either Eyefinity or Nvidia Surround compatible in games with this configuration? (Obviously desktop will work).

Something like this:
attachment.php

No they can't. Eyefinity they just have to have the same resolution over the screens. Surround they have to be the same monitors and resolution.

But you can do that with a single ati card becuase they can do 3 outputs.

I wish, I have the exact setup, it would be PERFECT for gaming, but alas, mixed portrait/landscape modes are not possible, and from what I hear, it is very hard to make work.

I've read SofTH does it, and works a little better on an ATI card with 3 outputs then having a 2nd outputting to the 3rd display.

But I do wish it was supported. Hopefully it does soon.

widescreengamingforum.com has a thread on it. SLI / triple head2go can do it fairly easily.

That's a setup common enough - but in my case, I have multiple monitors...of the same type!...with side monitors in 'portrait' orientation. (The net result being that the 'side' monitors go MUCH higher and lower than the central monitor)

I do vast quantities of my day job doing document work, for which the 'portrait' layout is vastly superior. And I spend a lot of time outside of that, in hobby work, doing graphic design for magazines...again, 'portrait' layout is supreme.

But for movies and games? Landscape all the way - obviously.

It'd be nice if one of the surround methods supported that. So I've been holding off on committing to either platform totally. Whichever one finally figures out portrait + landscape mixing will almost certainly get all the money I can throw at it...

Back