Can I handle a Q6600?

you're missing medication, obviously.
why would they lie to you?

you're missing medication, obviously.
why would they lie to you?

Because they rather have you spend over $1k on a new box then a $300ish cpu but yeah thats a old mobo anyways. Probably can't do it. I'd search on yahoooo or gooooooogle about others trying it, etc. :)

I thought all that matters was the socket thing >_> If I have a 775, I thought I could handle it...huh. Oh well, thanks.

socket looks the same, but i think you'd need at least a 965 or p35 chipset to run a Core2 processor. dunno bout this 925 stuff

you could always swap that biatch out and upgrade. i'd imagine most of your old components would swap over, including dell's fancy-schmancy cooling extras

edit: im also slightly impressed that your dell rep may have taken this into account. although its most likely they had no clue and just wanted to sell you a new XPS, those systems have some SICK margins for the sales reps (used to work there)

No the intel 925 chipset will not support a core 2 duo possessor. You will have to update the motherboard in order to get it to work.

You could up grade to a dual core Pentium D 8xx or 9xx series processor. That would be a decent upgrade being you could probably find one very cheap.

Back