Can i smoke in the same room where is pc?

Tar will gum up a PC, and can, in rare cases, cause shorts. Mostly it will cause fan bearings to break, and reduce the efficiency of the cooling systems.

Smoke outside, go for walks, it's good exercise.
it can cause shorts?

If you smoke anywhere in your house, your computer will end up yellow sticky and dusty.

Your computer is your home air filter. It sucks in air and blows it out. The smoke deposits tarry stuff on every surface inside the case.
The more crap you have glued to all the tiny components in your computer, the more stray current flows around. It won't kill your PC outright but will inhibit the passive cooling of the mobo, expansion cards, etc.
Using canned air or a brush won't be fully effective, after a few years you'll be forced to bathe your stuff in isopropyl alcohol to get it actually clean.
Non-smokers working on your computer will hate you, because we as smokers don't notice it as much, while non-smokers will be able to tell your PC was at their shop for days.

Bathe it in pot smoke every evening. It'll cover up the cigarette stink and the reefer boys at the repair shop will love you ;)

I used to smoke, and my pc was gross. Especialy with pets, carpet, etc.. Now I just smoke pot and my PC is fine. I blow it out once a month or two or three and its fine. Tidy house keeping habits make more of a diffference imo.

I used to smoke, and my pc was gross. Especialy with pets, carpet, etc.. Now I just smoke pot and my PC is fine. I blow it out once a month or two or three and its fine. Tidy house keeping habits make more of a diffference imo.
I think it’s ironic that people aren’t concerned that the same garbage that’s gumming up their PC is also gumming their lungs, and only one of these things is easily replaceable.

As someone that has repaired pothead and smoker friends’ PCs, the stench and other things from the residue is a nightmare.
I hear ya. Pet dander, smoke residue, saw dust, animal undercoat (the fluffy stuff not the guard hair) and caked on plain ole dirt. I've seen it all unfortunately. I have two areas for repairs. The indoor workbench and the backporch workbench, where my pancake compressor is hooked up. The latter is where the nasties get parked so as to avoid their ever polluting my home 😂.

The most disgusting was a 10yo hunka junk Dell from a tannery. The owner insisted he didn't want it replaced despite my best, long winded encouragement. I won't even try to describe the stench that clung to every last part of that poor thing.

I think it’s ironic that people aren’t concerned that the same garbage that’s gumming up their PC is also gumming their lungs, and only one of these things is easily replaceable.
Because everyone already knows this. What is not as well known is what it might or might not do to a pc in the same room, as was the OP's question.

I gave up smoking and drinking, I am keeping one vice.

Back