Can I trust what Tt says about this Tt fan of theirs?

TownRanger

n00b
I want to replace my yate loon 120mm fan (its slience but airless!) with any other one I like. I just happen to figure out this Thermaltake Thunderbalde LED A1926 120mm fan:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=2423

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/dcfan/ledfan/thunderblade/thunderblade120/thunderblade120-1.asp

Among most of the 120mm fans out there in the market, the common specification would be something like a noise level of 18-31dBA with an airflow of 35-65cfm.

But this Tt Thunderblade fan that I found is said to be 78cfm of airflow rate but 21dBA only!! Is this possible? I doubt.

Can someone comment on this?

TT specs are bullshit. I never buy anything from TT nowdays because their products suck ass and are cheaply made. At 2000 RPM that fan might 21dba from 30ft away.

Nah, they probably run the readings 30 feet from the fan blades, with the fan @ like 5v no less. Anyway, yeah they are stunningly full of shit with their ratings. For example Yate Loon specs their 47cfm 120's @ 28dbA, 70cfm @ ~33, 88cfm @ 40...So TT claiming 21dbA @ 78cfm is utter crap. With that said my blue lighted 120mm in my Armor 8003 (perhaps even the same exact fan) doesn't seem any louder (noticeably at least) than either of the Delta "M"'s included w/ the Swiftech MCR220 (~75 cfm).

If you want to replace your Yate, and want/need a blue lighted fan, you can get a higher speed model over @ jab-tech... $4.95/ea, $4.80 in lots of 3-9.

Medium-speed
and
High-speed
...far better value than many of the 120s out there. Granted not the best quality, and they use sleeve bearings vs ball, but when you can buy 3-4 fans for the price of 1 of the competitions, who cares? ps jab-tech also carries solid black, solid orange, and orange blade/black rim versions for the fans as well. These range in price from $3.15/ea to about $4.00 depending on the model (color) and again the quantity ordered.

No

I have 2 of these fans and I have to run them at 5v. On 12v they are very noisy. Don't believe their ratings

Thank you guys. So I can cancel my order from performance-pcs now. Better save 11 bucks for some iced cappucinno.

more rpm - more airflow - more noise , its as simple as that . TT fans blow a lot of air but with a lot of noise !!

I have a pair of ThermalTake 120mm fans. They aren't those ones but they are pretty quiet. They can run off the thermal sensor, full blast, or they come with a dial where you can choose how fast they run. I run them off the thermal sensor and the computer is very quite, quiet enough that I don't notice it while I'm working on it unlike my last computer which used 80mm fans and sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

With the thermal sensor they will run as low as 21dba, or as high as whatever dba produces 78cfm. That's how their rating works.

I have a pair of ThermalTake 120mm fans. They aren't those ones but they are pretty quiet. They can run off the thermal sensor, full blast, or they come with a dial where you can choose how fast they run. I run them off the thermal sensor and the computer is very quite, quiet enough that I don't notice it while I'm working on it unlike my last computer which used 80mm fans and sounded like a vacuum cleaner.
got one of those too , almost quiet at low speed but once you go to full speed they make a lot of noise and blow a lot of air .

You know they make a few diff kinds of Yate Loons? They have a low performance (silenced one), a meduim, regular, and a high performance one.

Back