Can my OC go further with this 965 C3?

TeeJay

Gawd
Hi guys

Alright so I reached 4.0GHz @ 1.5375 where I can't go any further...Multiplier, vcore and these are the only two things that I've changed. I haven't tried anything else and that's where it started crashing if I go any higher. 4.1GHz @ 1.55v crashes right away..

Anyway, is there something else I can try to go higher?

System:

Crosshair III
PhII 965 C3
Mushkin 1600 4GB (2x2GB)
Sapphire 5770

Thankyoo'z in advance :D

I wouldn't go any higher than 1.55, so I think you are maxed.

Saying one shouldn't go higher than 1.55 means that it will drastically lower the CPU's lifespan.

Look at Dolk's guide to Phenom ll overclocking at Overclocker's Forums.

Saying shouldn't go higher than 1.55, meaning that it might produce more heat and not be stable due to overheating?

That's the max that AMD recommends for using with normal cooling. They only say to overdo that when using LN2 during Suicide runs. More than that on a everyday overclock because it will kill the chip faster. How much faster is anyone's guess, but I would just trust AMD's recommendation.

The Deneb core also hits a point where voltage doesn't really help any, but a lower temperature will. Look into better cooling to increase your overclock.

That's the max that AMD recommends for using with normal cooling. They only say to overdo that when using LN2 during Suicide runs. More than that on a everyday overclock because it will kill the chip faster. How much faster is anyone's guess, but I would just trust AMD's recommendation.

The Deneb core also hits a point where voltage doesn't really help any, but a lower temperature will. Look into better cooling to increase your overclock.

Well, yeah you're right but...I ran 4.0GHz @ 1.55v just to see the temps, and at load CPU temp is at 49c, that means I kind of still got lots of room to go...Doesn't it?

And, lets not talk about the vCore, is there something else I could do that might help?

Back