Can not play BD with two 1080p monitor's connected.

Krypton

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi all,

I have an AMD x2 2 gig ram, raid, ATI 2600 Pro, LG BDROM, and Total Media Theatre. I have a 47" 1080p TV and a 22" 1080p monitor both hooked up via DVI to my single ATI 2600 running in clone mode.

For whatever reason, I can not play BDROM's when both monitors are connected and enabled. If I try, I get a message in TMT saying that my hardware is incompatible. If I disconnect one monitor or the other, and disable the second display in ATI CCC, I can play BDROM's no problem.

Is anyone else having this issue? Do I need a second video card? I would really like to simply have both monitors running in clone without having to unplug one or the other.

I know I have to extend my desktop with PDVD 9. It will not play if duplicated.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Try extending the desktop and sliding the Front end over to the TV. Much easier than unplugging stuff.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

thanks.... figured if I had this problem, others have it. This sucks...

need some kind of workaround without unplugging stuff.

dont use clone mode and select the monitor u will be viewing it on is the primary

dont use clone mode and select the monitor u will be viewing it on is the primary

Tried that. Didn't work.

Downloaded AnyDVD.. All my problems went away! On the 21 day trial for now.. $100 is kind of steep. Googling for a coupon code or some kind of discount.

are you positive that both screens support hdcp? i think cyberlink provides a free utility which checks to see if your system can playback bluray, and if it cant it will tell you the reason. its called cyberlink bd advisor

im using a fw900 crt and a 1080p hdtv. i can watch a bd on my 1080p tv while surfing/playing games on my crt.

not using anydvd hd either. there must me something amiss with ur setup op. something in there isnt hdcp compliant.

Some software, like Live Mesh messes up the play of BD since it overwrites the display driver and reports my video card is not BD compliant.

I think my problem is running in clone mode. If I extend desktop, it is not an issue. I don't want the frickin desktop extended, I want it cloned.

Yeh i just asked around and you cant play BD in clonemode unless you use a workaround
Sorry man

Any work arounds suggested other then AnyDVD (which is great, but kind of pricey $150 for lifetime).

Last edited:
Any work arounds suggested other then AnyDVD (which is great, but kind of pricey $150 for lifetime).

Yea thats expensive, but its damn well worth it.
AnyDVD is one the most useful programs

Wait... if its in clone mode, can't you just use a splitter?

Back