Can only connect to router through Wireless, not Wired

Here is what happened before my computer was no longer able to connect to the router. I was playing the new Battlefield beta and everything was well. I went and had a cig then come back and the yellow exclamation of doom is there.

Tried unplugging and replugging everything. Tried disabling and enabling the adapater settings.

None of that worked until I went and grabbed my roommates wireless usb stick and stuck that in. Now I'm online....

Any ideas?

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
And the router is a cheapo from Charter....Netgear something.

When I plug in both the wireless and the wired here is what I get to show both connetions at once.

303a151.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh the dreaded no internet access bug of Vista and 7.

I have tried about 90 different things to fix this, never had any luck. Issues can range from rogue devices on the network to NIC's going bad to filesharing to DNS timeouts

Most pain in the ass issue ever

Oh well shoot....thats not what I was hoping to hear. :D

I went in and tried manually inputting the subnet/gateway/ip/dns etc and same deal.

Time for a reformat?

Oh well shoot....thats not what I was hoping to hear. :D

I went in and tried manually inputting the subnet/gateway/ip/dns etc and same deal.

Time for a reformat?

Formatting normally does not fix it, but you can try.

does it work on a different physical network?

* Are you able to ping the router?
If yes, are you able to ping out at all?
If yes, try to adjust browser settings. You may have spyware.
** If not, then make sure there is link connectivity on your port (back of your computer, should be blinking).

If you have link activity, then come back and let us know.

* Why is your wired connection setup as a Public network? It should be private anyway. This probably has no bearing on your connection to the Internet. And is just a curious question. See above for troubleshooting steps.

Edit: Looking at your screenshot, your computer is not recognizing your second adapter (no link activity icon in notification area) Do you have it enabled in that screenshot? (The wired adapter)

Ahh the dreaded no internet access bug of Vista and 7.

I have tried about 90 different things to fix this, never had any luck. Issues can range from rogue devices on the network to NIC's going bad to filesharing to DNS timeouts

Most pain in the ass issue ever

I've never heard of this bug. Interesting now off to go do some reading.

I've never heard of this bug. Interesting now off to go do some reading.

Windows 7 referres to it as No INternet Access

Vista says "Local Access only"

i have one corp network that apparently has a rogue device on it, i have hooked up 5 Vista and 7 machines and non will get to the internet. But if i take them elsewhere, they work fine.

Jacked up issue

Back