3000 512KB CACHE 64 BIT AMD PROCESSOR
1 GIG OF CORSAIR XMS RAM
CDRW DRIVE
DVD BURNER
SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 SOUND CARD
ANOTHER 120 MM FAN FOR FRONT INTAKE
ASUS "K8V SE Deluxe" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU
80 GIG ATA 7200 RPM HARD DRIVE
Thermaltake SILENT BOOST Highest Performance Cooler for AMD AthlonXP up to 3400+

Thats what I want to put in it. Will this case be able to handle it and do you guys think this is a good setup for gaming and video editing.

yes, i have that case and its awesome.

Consider a new powersupply for the 6800GT

And why socket 754? Why not go with 939 or 940?

I mean, its your rig and whatever you want is cool, I'm just curious as to why 754.

The socket 939 3000+ is like 5 dollars more.... are you starving? I'll paypal you the extra money lol.

apHytHiaTe said:
The socket 939 3000+ is like 5 dollars more.... are you starving? I'll paypal you the extra money lol.
newegg doesnt have 939 3000's anymore

Why is the 3000+ $161 and the 3500+ $400+.....I'm tired som I'm probably not reading this right and I'm sure I'm missing something.

I happen to ahve the 3500+ socket 939.

I should go to bed, I feel stupid right now...LOL

No. Not at all. Just old...939 and 940 are the newest sockets. Don't worry, 754 is fine I was just wondering thats all.

I'd recommend a VERY substantial PSU, and probably a better case. That case is a good basic case but its kind of small and the front is plastic and kinda cheap. You're using really high end components so for a few bucks more you can get a Coolermaster Cavalier, Silverstone or a Lian Li case which have metal front doors, are more substantial and come with lots of good fans.

I'd go with a 400W or greater PSU with at least 30A or more on the 12v line. Enermax, PC Power and Cooling, Antec True Power(not the smart power), OCZ and SilenX all make good PSUs. Also take a look at the PSU section of the forum for really good info.

Yes it can handle your setup. The PSU would be fine, but you could always get a 430/480watt Antec...

Saint said:
6800 GT 256MB VIDEO CARD
3000 512KB CACHE 64 BIT AMD PROCESSOR
1 GIG OF CORSAIR XMS RAM
CDRW DRIVE
DVD BURNER
SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 SOUND CARD
ANOTHER 120 MM FAN FOR FRONT INTAKE
ASUS "K8V SE Deluxe" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU
80 GIG ATA 7200 RPM HARD DRIVE
Thermaltake SILENT BOOST Highest Performance Cooler for AMD AthlonXP up to 3400+

Thats what I want to put in it. Will this case be able to handle it and do you guys think this is a good setup for gaming and video editing.
I used a VERY similar setup to build my brother-in-law a computer to do his programming and artwork on at home. (He currently works for game company, but is writing a one on his own for the XBoX/XBox2 and does all of his own programming, musical scoring, and artwork himself on this machine) His uses that exact case and power supply, and has:

P4 2.8 HT with stock CPU cooler ,
Asus flavored i875 motherboard,
2 GB Corsair PC3200,
8X +/- DVD Burner,
16X DVD Drive,
6800GT Dual DVI (for his dual 20" Dell Flat Panels :cool: ),
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum,
120GB SATA,
(2) 120mm Fans,

(I think he was pretty pleased with my sister as it was a total surprise for him, and he reports that his compile times have gone from 25+ minutes on his P3 800 to about 3.5 minutes on this one.)

I was a little worried when we upgraded him to the 6800GT from the dual-DVI FX5200 capture card that it originally had, and suggested that he could try it as-is, but might need to move to at least a 400 watt quality PSU, but he reports that all has been well, and his temps for everything seem to be fine. Take it for what it is worth.

Back