Can you get extra batteries for the PSP?

Blauman

[H]ard|Gawd
I am really thinking of getting a PSP here in about 2 weeks and was wondering if you can get extra battery packs or something that fits the same purpose. I saw something by pelican that is a power brick that supposedly doubles the play time, but thats all I could in the little time I have looked. Also wondering what kind of bettery life you all are getting with it. I really want it for plane trips and what not to watch movies and play games on it of course :). I am going on a trip in about month and the flight is 5+ hours and I would really like it to last at least somewhere that long.

You can buy extra batteries, or you can buy third party battery replacements. Personally, I don't trust any third party hardware, so I'd get the spare Sony battery.

As for battery life, it depends on the game. My PSP gets about 4 hours from Wipeout Pure. If your plane ride is going to be 5+ hours, you should definitely get a spare battery.

Same here. I get about 4 horus and some change at full volume, with headphones, and brightness level two playing Wipeout Pure. I do restart a lot though doing time trials, and I heard that eats up the battery quite a bit. Wipeout has insane graphics for a handheld and you have to access the UMD every 3 minutes while loading tracks. Different games may give you more battery life. I've heard some people report up to 6 hours with brightness level one and 50% volume using headphones.

Personally I don't think I could sit down and play my PSP for 6 hours straight though. I love it, but I can only play for maybe an hour or two tops at a time before I feel like doing something else. I'd say skip the extra battery, pick a good book, and alternate betrween reading and playing PSP. There are certain times you can't play while flying anyway, so if the flight isn't too much longer than 5 hours you're battery may last as long as you can play.

Well, he did say he's also going to use it to play movies. How long do the batteries last if you were to continiously stream data from the CD like when watching a movie?

In answer to the question, yes. you can get a replacement/extra battery. I believe I seen it on sonys website for like 49 or 59 bucks. as other have stated you can also get extended battery devices. like nyko's charger case or pelican's power brick.
I do know that the UMD drive eats more battery when in use.

Im going on a 13 hour flight soon. o i would like to hear some good power options for my PSP too. Thanks guys.

Yeah, I was considering buying one after I got mine. But, Intec's coming out with a case which is splash proof, and shock resistant. And, the best part is, the bottom of the case is a battery. So, you can increase your play time by 3x. It comes out in the beginning of May. Just get that, because the extra battery's something you can lose easily, and the case beats it.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks for all the helpfull info guys. Gives me alot of different options to think of. I started looking around and did find the genuine Sony battery for like 49-59 like someone else said. I would proablly get one of the other ones as you can just simply plug it in instead of having to shut the unit off and swap batteries.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back