Can you handle Orange UV fluid in your loop?

I kinda like that it's reddish, I may go with this stuff if I ever finish buying all my WC gear.

I've got Dextron anti-freeze and distilled water in my loop. It's a nice redish orange color. Don't know if it's UV reactive at all, though. Guess I should try it out sometime.

Arcygenical said:
Guys... Orange Highlighter in water is the best kind of orange for a WC loop!

How many highlighters did you have to go through and how long were your fingers orange for?

Hahahaha.

1 Sharpie highlighter in orange.

I cracked the thing open and let all the ink spill into a glass filled with water, and diluted it as needed. Fingers = orange for 2 days, I glowed under UV light for a week XD.

Mark305TBI said:
I've got Dextron anti-freeze and distilled water in my loop. It's a nice redish orange color. Don't know if it's UV reactive at all, though. Guess I should try it out sometime.

heh that stuff turns your tubing/tfittings orange as well :) Its looks cool though.

There has been mention of particulate and fibrous materials clogging micro channels in water blocks with highlighter ink. The Cool-Cases-USA Dyes are made to be mixed with water, completely water based and soluble non-particulate.

I don't really care if the microchannels in my block get clogged :). I clean the thing out every 3-4 months, and besides, sharpie gives me the best colour I need. I've tried LOTS of UV dyes, and NOTHING is anywhere near the "orange" I like.

You can also get orange extended life antifreeze by Prestone. The beauty of it is the lack of smell with this stuff compared to regular anti-freeze.

Back