Cancel your Bad Company 2 Preorders... This one's $19.99 @ Barnes & Noble

Is the $5 GC usable in stores? That's actually something I would have put to use. I didn't expect this obvious pricing error to be honored, so I didn't order. Pretty nice that you guys get something for nothing.

Is the $5 GC usable in stores? That's actually something I would have put to use. I didn't expect this obvious pricing error to be honored, so I didn't order. Pretty nice that you guys get something for nothing.

Nope, it works online only.

I've never seen any law that states a store has to honor a pricing mistake. If there is one, provide proof.
As someone that has worked in retail, I know there's a law in CA that pertains to b&m stores requiring stores to sell a product at the price listed on the shelf. I'm 99% sure that doesn't cover anything online though.

I got my confirmation email and that was it, no cancellation notice or $5 gift card yet. I hope it will go through. If not, i still have my LE pre-order.

i got a email saying it will ship and all is well and then another email for $5 gift card.

I got confirmation that it will ship in march but no $5 dollar gift card.

Well looks like B&N return my money back to my cc :( oh well at least I got a 5 dollar coupon >:|

Did they email you the coupon or is it sitting on your account?

They email me the coupon a few days ago. I didn't get any email regarding my order (why it was cancel or price mistake etc.)

Credit card holds are automatically set to fall off 72-96 hours by default so that isn't shocking in itself.

Feb 8, 2010 Authorization To BARNES&NOBLE*BOOKQUEST 866-257-7723 NJ Expired ... -$24.31 USD
Feb 8, 2010 Temporary Hold Placed Details -$24.31 USD
Feb 13, 2010 Cancelled Transfer Removed Details $24.31 USD

Looks like it is time to say OMG B&N SUCKS I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Did anyone else get cancelation email, but when you go to order status, its still planning on being shipped?? I'm really hoping my order still goes through even though it got cancelled.

I never got a cancellation email. Geez, not only did they not give me the game, but they wouldn't even give me an email.

I haven't received anything besides the confirmation email, so all still seems good to me.

I never got a cancellation email. Geez, not only did they not give me the game, but they wouldn't even give me an email.

Your post makes zero sense to me, since its not shipping for anyone till march 3rd or about. I for one still have a charge pending on paypal and everthing looks fine so far.

Mine's still on hold and I didn't get a gift card.

Maybe they're going to satisfy a few lucky orders.

Feb 8, 2010 Authorization To BARNES&NOBLE*BOOKQUEST 866-257-7723 NJ Expired ... -$24.31 USD
Feb 8, 2010 Temporary Hold Placed Details -$24.31 USD
Feb 13, 2010 Cancelled Transfer Removed Details $24.31 USD

Looks like it is time to say OMG B&N SUCKS I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

OMG We are getting the game for free!! Maybe we won like a lottery or something :D:D:D

5.00 Gift card to barnes and nobles.com
and a free game!!! we scored!

Just got a cancelation email. Fuckers, although I was expecting it to go through.

Dear Ryan xxxx ,

Despite our efforts, we were unable to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. Your order contained a title(s) that is no longer scheduled for release. This may be because the item was discontinued or replaced by a newer version.

We have canceled this portion of your order and you will not be billed for it.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your next visit to Barnes & Noble.

Sincerely,

-- Barnes & Noble

To check the status of your order online at any time, click http://www.bn.com/orderstatus. Please note: Changes to your order may take up to 60 minutes to appear on your Order Status page, particularly during peak shopping periods.

Ship To: Ryan xxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxx, TX xxxx

This part of your order will not be shipped:

Product Description Quantity
Battlefield Bad Company 2 1

Let's see if mister "OMG HOW CAN U KNOW THE ORDERS WILL BE CANCELLED DO U THINK UR A BARNES AND NOBLE ECONOMIST" shows his face in this thread again.

Yeah got the same message, but paypal does show still pending. I'm thinking they just haven't purged them all out yet. Oh well, got a $5 card to buy it from Gamestop anyways.

Just got my official notification and the excuse is rich as to be expected.

Despite our efforts, we were unable to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. Your order contained a title(s) that is no longer scheduled for release. This may be because the item was discontinued or replaced by a newer version.

I find that blatant lie amusing though ahahaha oh well. It interesting to see if they bring this back up for order after that comment

Back