Cannot use 3rd monitor in surrond mode

darkpaw

2[H]4U
This is getting really frustrating, so I'm helping someone can help me out. I had surround working without issue on my GTX 260s using the beta drivers. When I upgraded to GTX 460s I had to install the WHQL driver since the beta driver did not support the 460.

Since then, I have not been able to successfully enable surround mode. No matter what I do, once I turn it on, my 3rd display goes into "invalid format" mode. I googled for the issue and found some similar problems, but no solutions and most of those posts were from the beta set.

I've literally spent hours at this and have gotten extremely annoyed. Does anyone have suggestions on what to change? I've removed all extra cards and currently only have the two 460s in the system.

My displays are 2x LG 32LH30 and 1X LG 32LD450 and each are connected with DVI->HDMI cables. It doesn't matter which order I plug the monitors into the card, whichever monitor ends up on the card by itself is the one that will not sync correctly. They all sync fine when using the use all displays mode. The cards are not overclocked. Rest of the system config should be in my sig.

Surround (2D): All displays must have a common resolution, refresh rate, and sync polarity

3D Vision Surround: All displays must be the same make and model 3D Vision-Ready LCD.

Maybe you are running into one of the issues stated above from the nVidia web site. Since you do have a 3rd different LCD.

How many 460's are you running?

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=177823

^ - I've noticed something you both have in common, two displays of one model and a third of another type. Might be coincidence.

2_way_sli.png

3_way_sli.png

Maybe you could buy a 3rd same type LCD at Best Buy to test and just return it saying it's rubbish. ;) Or, keep it if it works and Ebay the other.

They don't make the 32LH30 anymore. They worked fine with the 260 and it was only after upgrading to the most recent drivers with the 460 they are failing to work, all are running at 1920x1080@60Hz. As I said, I can get any two of them to work, but which ever is on the card by itself always goes out of sync.

460s can only be used in 2 card SLI.

Maybe try older drivers just to rule out a display problem?

None of the older drivers support the GTX460, unless someone knows what I need to modify to enable support. Can I just swap out the ini file from the install folders?

Back