Can't accessed shared drive from XP Home machine

ghart999

n00b
Hi all.

I am unable to access any shared drives from my PC. This occurs with both internal HDs or external ones connected via USB. I have mapped the entire drive from within XP Home using the standard Share Drive functionality by right-clicking on the drive in file explorer and selecting Sharing and Security. The image below shows exactly what my screen looks like for this step.

view.php

At this point everything seems fine. The drive shows the little sharing icon on it and the drive even shows up on my other PC's under network neighborhood. The problem is when I click on the drive from another PC I get an error that says. "\\DESKTOPPC\Movies_H is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Not enough server storage is available to process this command."

How could I not have permissions as XP Home does not even have options for permission setting. Further what does the not enough server storage space error mean. The drives I am sharing all have tons of free space.

Also I am sure that all the PCs have the same network group name, etc and I can share drives between all the PC's just fine. This is the only PC causing issues.

Thank you so much.

Gregg

do u have the guest account enables on both computers ?? or an account with same name and password.. this allows home version to comunicate with pro or home as well..have to have identical accounts set up on both machines..

I figured it out. Some setting in the registry needed to be changed. IRPStackSize. Crazy how hard that was to figure out.

Back